You've Got That One Thing

Harry's P.O.V-

That day, I had walked her to her doorstep and I still remember the warm smile on her face as she bade me goodbye. I didn't wanna leave but guess I had no choice. A week has passed after that. We haven't really talked much, just an occasional 'Hey' or 'Hello' in the corridor. That's all. We'd exchange smile on our way home but there was always a part of me who want it to be more than that. Every time she smiled at me, I felt different, happier. She could make me happy without even trying. I want to know if she felt the same.

I had asked Louis to stop messing with her and to my absolute surprise he had listened to me for the first time in a million years. Probably he felt bad for what he did, after all he's not a bad guy. That day he punched Amelia, he was in a bad mood and later on he admitted to me that yes he regretted it but was too shy to go and apologize. Everything was going okay but I just didn't feel like it. It was like something was missing. But I dunno what....or maybe I did. God no shut up!

I was currently sitting in Maths and the teacher was absent. So we were having a free period. I was scribbling trash on the back of my notebook as I heard Louis, Liam, Niall and Zayn singing behind me. They sounded as beautiful as ever. I started humming the tune. It was a new one we were working on. Yep we were in the school band and were the lead vocals. I loved this song a lot so I finally turned around in my chair and joined them as big smiles popped up on their faces. Oh what would I do without these lads?! We sang the chorus and then my solo came,

"She knows, she knows, that I never let her down before,

She knows, she knows, that I'm never gonna let another take her love from me now!"

Then we sang the chorus and when the song ended we high-fived each other, laughing and giggling. Pleased with our work.

After break as I made my way to English I stopped outside the bandroom because amidst of all the chattering and high pitched noises I could faintly hear someone singing and it was coming from the band room which was at the end of the corridor. I slightly opened the door and peeked inside. The room was empty, all the seats were vacant and I looked up at the stage. There she was, sitting on a stool, a guitar in her hand....wait that's my guitar, the one I always play and everyone knows its mine. I watched and she strung the chords, her voice in perfect harmony, she was singing a familiar song but it was so soothing and beautiful that I didn't bother remembering the name.

" 'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love

Not knowing what it was,

I will not give you up this time.

But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own

And in your eyes you're holding mine."

And Jesus, it was the sweetest voice I had ever heard. I longed to hear more because I just couldn't get enough of it but to my bad luck, she stopped. I watched her looking down at the guitar. She didn't look up. I heard a few sniffles, she was crying. But why. I didn't want her to find out that I had heard her singing and then seen her beak into tears. This would embarrass her and maybe she'd even start hating me again for stepping into her privacy, so I closed the door softly and walked back to class, which I was already late for.

Amelia's P.O.V-

After school I waited for Casey outside the school gates, she was supposed to return me a book she had borrowed. The sky was overcast, the dark clouds rumbling. I wanted to hurry and get back home as soon as possible. I saw Casey jogging towards me, it took her forever to get out of school, literally. She returned me the book and thanked me, then soon after she left as I was packing the book inside my bag I felt a little drop of water on my cheek and a few seconds later, a few more drops covered my face. I hurriedly rummaged through my backpack for my umbrella. And yes there it was, just as I had packed it. I opened the umbrella and the downpour seemed to gain momentum. Almost everyone had an umbrella or were sharing with their friends. Those who went home by car had a few more guests with them today. Soon enough the school was almost deserted. As I reached the gates once again after getting my geometry box which I had left in the locker, I saw a guy standing there, and as I reached closer to him, I knew that it was Harry. He looked sad and didn't notice my presence. Suddenly his expression stiffened and without a word he started running towards the campus gates. Then it hit me. He didn't have an umbrella and he walked home but I couldn't let him walk in the rain alone when I had an umbrella. So I called without thinking twice, "HARRY WAIT!". He stopped abruptly in his tracks and turned around. And I opened my umbrella and ran towards him. As I reached him, he stood there half drenched, with his damp hair, ripped jeans and white buttoned shirt which now clung to his muscles. It would be a lie if I said that he didn't look attractive, because yeah he looked so goddamned handsome. Even in this drenched state he was absolutely gorgeous. I put the umbrella over his head to protect whatever dryness was still left in this unfairly attractive human being.

"Um...you can come with me. You know, you could catch a cold" I managed to say.

His eyes lit up and he smiled shyly. "You sure?" He asked.

"Yeah of course" I told him reassuringly.

And he nodded. We started walking towards home, together. The rain kept getting harder and it was so cold. I shivered as my right side was exposed to the rain. Of course the umbrella wasn't big enough but at least it kept us from completely getting wet. Soon I felt Harry's arm wrap around my shoulder and pull me closer to his chest to keep me from getting wet. It was peaceful despite of the thunder roaring and for once in a long time I felt safe. Safe in his strong arms.

~~~~~~AUTHOR'S NOTE- Hey lovelies! So do you like my story so far? Tell me what you think about it and please like it. It'd really mean a lot to me!