You're My Kryptonite

I sat in the car counting the seconds passing by. Each moment dragging me into a deeper mess than the last. It was hard to sit still. I watched the scenery change through the window glass as the car sped through the starry night. We had left behind the dirty part of the city where Michael's office was and now we were in, what you could call, the posch area. The houses on either side of me, looked more like mansions. They were mansions. Most of them had beautiful front gardens that I couldn't see clearly in the dark. I didn't know what time it was but I could tell that it was late because almost all the houses were dark, the bright street lights showing the way. At this point I wanted nothing more than to get this over with because Simon drove quietly and wouldn't tell me a thing. Truth is, I also felt disgusted in talking to him. You can't blame me. He played a huge part in shaping up my life the way it is now. And here I was, sitting in his car, waiting to embrace my fate.

From Michael's words earlier, I knew that I had been sold. I no longer had my life under my control. And now that I had nothing to do except sitting in this stupid car and making my mental state worse by thinking of how my life was getting ruined, I tried to divert my thoughts to something else. I tried to picture the man who had bought me, considering Simon didn't buy me for himself. Nausea flooded my senses as soon as that thought crossed my mind. Was it some old creep who had nothing better to do in life? Or some middle aged man cheating on his wife, who'd lock me up in a room and make me a dark secret about whom no one will ever get to know? Each thought was equally disturbing and I decided not to think about anything for the time being.

"We're here", Simon's voice cut through my mind.

"Now Amelia, you'll meet your new owner tonight, in fact right now. And I want you to be a good girl and listen to whatever he says", he said pulling up outside a huge mansion. "And if you don't ", he turned around in his seat to face me,"There will be consequences".

"No one ownes me okay?! I'm not your pet that you train how to behave!", anger overtook me at his commanding tone.

"But that's exactly what you are sweetheart, and the sooner you accept it, the better", he said, his voice like melting ice.

I told myself not to react. I had to face whatever was coming my way. At least one thing was clear now, Simon hadn't bought me for himself.

Simon unlocked the door and we entered the house, me carrying both of my bags. From the inside, the house was breathtaking. The huge hall where we now stood had a beautiful chandelier hanging over our heads. The floor was a pinkish marble. Wooden staircases went from both sides and then met at the top at a small balcony. There were series of room all around me. I wonder how people manage to live in a place like this without losing their way all the time.

"Keep your bags here and let's go upstairs", Simon said.

I put my bags down and followed him. On my way upstairs I saw a grandfather clock standing against a wall. It read three minutes to Twelve. My heart skipped a beat as something clicked in my memory. It was the 31st of January. And tomorrow......it was his birthday.

I cursed at myself as I felt my throat tighten at the memory. Why did I even have to remember that?!

I tried to shrug it off but it wasn't that easy. Finally we reached the top of the staircase. Simon took the right corridor and walked until he reached the room at the end. I followed obviously. The thought of him still burning inside of me.

He knocked on the wooden door twice and I knew that this was the room of the person who was supposed to control my entire existence from now on. I just wanted to run away. I didn't wanna see the face of such a twisted human being.

And then footsteps could be heard and slowly the door creamed open. I forced myself to look away.

"Happy Birthday Harry", Simon said as the clock struck 12. And not believing what I'd heard, I turned around in a flash only to meet those emerald green orbs that I hadn't seen in so long. And they looked right back at me, as if peeking into my soul.