We Took A Chance

Amelia's P.O.V-

"Sure sweetheart", Anne said sighing. She got up and gave me a small smile before leaving the room along with the others. But it wasn't just the smile, I could clearly read thousands of emotions in her cloudy eyes,as if she was begging me not to cause her son anymore pain, anymore heartache. And that thought itself sent a sharp pang through my heart and soul and made me feel like I had no right to stand infront of Harry or his mother. I am the reason why everything's messed up.

I heard the door close and a silent tear rolled down my cheek.

"Please...don't", Harry said in a broken tone. I looked up at him,but that wasn't easy, it took all the courage inside me, to look into those emerald green orbs that we're staring straight into mine. I slowly walked up to the stool near his bed, and sat down, a few more tear drops trickling down. Neither of us spoke and the silence was unbearable, as the seconds passed the air in the room seemed to become heavier, each passing moment seemed to convey a million feelings, each of them shattering my insides to pieces.

I was looking at the floor when I felt his hand on my face, wiping the tears away. And I couldn't take any more.

"Why Harry?", I said my throat aching, my voice quivering at the touch of his hand.

He stayed silent. But I needed answers. Desperately. The guilt was eating me up. I needed him to pour his heart out to me.

"Please Harry....for god's sake tell me. I-I can't live with this....if you don't tell me..I m-might do the sa-",He covered my mouth with his hand, never letting me finish.

"No! Never!", He said, his voice laced with urgency.

"Then tell me....why did you do this?"

"I-I can't tell you...you'll probably hate me even more then and I can't afford that."

"Harry, trust me, if someone actually has the right to hate, then its you, not me. I am the one who caused you pain. I had no right to make you feel so sad, You don't deserve that Harry. You should be the one hating me.", I blurted out.

"No...I can never hate you, never.", He said caressing my cheek.

"Please Harry, tell me everything, everything that lead you to so much pain."

After some more silence he finally spoke.

"Okay then"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time he finished describing every single thing that made him do this, I was shocked. I never thought that a guy like him, who was all sunshine and smiles from the outside, could be breaking so badly on the inside. I never took him for the one who'd cry himself to sleep, who'd think that the world would be a better place without him in it, who'd think that he was worthless, unwanted...

"But there's one more reason", He said after pausing for a while, giving me time because it was just so much to take in.

"What?", I said in a low tone but somewhere deep down I knew that this was the part I was going to regret all my life.

"I thought I betrayed you, I broke your trust and I knew that you hated me and would never accept me again. I couldn't live with that.", He said, this time tears rolling down his face.

"I was the one responsible for whatever happened at Louis' party. I could've stopped all that. I was just so ashamed of myself, I couldn't my own eyes in the mirror."

I stood up and leaned down wiping his tears with both of my hands while more streamed down my face.

"No Harry, you did nothing, none of it was your fault. I was naive, blaming it on you while all you did was protect me that night. You kept me safe Harry" I said whispering the last part.

"Amelia, I wanted that night to be the one I'd always remember, I had so much to tell you. I wanted to pour out all my feelings for you but I messed up. And now its too late. You deserve so much better than me."

"Its never too late for anything Harry. God has everything planned out, all we have to do is walk on the path he leads us to. You know why I never had a boyfriend? Because I always wanted a guy who'd be my kind of perfect and I never found one. But I can see that perfect in you Harry. You're the one. I don't know if this is gonna work out but I know that if its meant to be, it will be. Its all written in our destiny, Harry, and that's one thing we can't control." I said everything that came to my mind, I didn't think twice before uttering a single word because I knew it was right. It felt right.

He slowly sat up on his bed and wrapped his arms around my waist. He gently pulled me down and sat me on his lap. Then he looked straight into my eyes and I could swear to god those were the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen.

"I love you so much Amelia, will you be mine?",He asked in his deep, raspy, beautiful voice and I knew this was the voice I could listen to forever.

"Yes Harry, I love you more",I said, my heartbeat accelerating and I watched as a smile played on his lips.

"No, I love you the most!", He said in a childish manner and he looked so adorable and happy. Truly happy, I have missed seeing him smile so much. And then he slowly started to lean in.

My heart was pounding in my chest. This was my first kiss. I was letting him be my first kiss and there were no doubts or second thoughts in my head. This was meant to be.

We both leaned in and as our lips touched, sparks flew through my body. It felt so right. Slowly our lips started moving in perfect harmony and the feeling of his soft wet lips against mine was incredible. His hands cupped my face and mine went through his soft brown curls. Each of us poured all our raw emotions in that kiss and it was the imperfectly perfect first kiss I could ever ask for. I wanted that moment to last forever but oxygen being necessary we had to pull away. Harry looked me in the eyes and said, "Forever",and trust me I didn't have to be a genius to know what that meant and just how much that meant.

"Forever", I said looking into those lovely irises that were smiling back at me and I knew this was the start of something everlasting.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

SORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYY TO THE POWER INFINITY AND BEYOND! I KNOW YOU GUYS MUST BE MAD AT ME FOR NOT UPDATING IN LIKE FOREVER BUT I REALLY HAD SOME WI-FI AND EXAM ISSUES! BUT THEY KISSED! YAAAAY! I JUST HAVE SO MUCH IN STORE FOR YOU ALL AND THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR ALL THE READS THEY REALLY MEAN A LOT TO ME!