Tell Me A Lie

*Harry's P.O.V*-

"Oh hey Simon!", I greeted as I looked up from my phone to the sound of the door clicking open, only to reveal Simon Cowell, my sort-of boss.

"Hey Harry", He said half smiling as he shut the door closed behind him and walked over to the couch where I was sitting.

Simon Cowell, the man who made me, or rather us, who we are. At least that's what he thinks and probably other people do too. But no matter how many times I agree on this infront of him, deep down I know, its our talent that brought us here. He chose us because he saw his profit in propelling our future. He knew that supporting us would, at the end of the day, benefit him only. But I couldn't admit this to his face, or to anyone's face for that matter. I just couldn't. I couldn't yell out into a mic, that Simon Cowell didn't bring us here, our talents and sacrifices did, no matter how much I wanted to. And the sacrifices. All the things we had to leave behind, all the people. And just as the thought crossed my mind, a felt a slight pang in my heart. I always did when my train of thoughts were headed this way.

The man sat on the other end of the couch, in his usual formal attire, one leg propped on top of the other. His lips were moving but as it was, I was too lost in my thoughts to pay any attention to whatever he was saying.

"Harry, are you even listening?"

"Um...sorry no...you were saying something about our next gig yeah?", I guessed, knowing that's what he mostly had to talk about.

"Jesus Harry, no! I was talking about your birthday which is tomorrow if you remember"

What? It was my birthday tomorrow? I quickly glanced at my phone to see the date "Jan 31" flashing on the top corner of the expensive glass. Damn! how did I forget my own birthday? Guess I've been too stressed out lately to even notice.

"Oh um...yeah of course I remember", I lied through my teeth.

Simon just raised his eyebrows at me sarcastically, as if to say 'yeah, can see that'.

"So Harry, I was saying that I have a surprise planned for you, tomorrow"

"Yeah? Wow can't wait to see what it is", I faked excitement.

"Bet you can't and you can't even imagine what it actually is"

I smiled shrugging, "Guess we'll have to wait then".

"Uhuh, but I wanted you to know that you have to keep quite about this particular surprise. No one out of the band and Jessica should know about it. Its between me, Jessica and you five. Is that clear?", his bossy tone was back by the end of his sentence.

"Okay, fine". And with that he stood up to leave my room. Just as he opened the door and stepped outside, he turned his neck to face me once more, "You'll have fun Harry".

Then the door clicked shut behind him.

Fun. Well from what I know, Simon's definition of fun could sometimes be real twisted. I could only hope it wasn't this time. Why should this surprise remain between me, the lads, Simon and Jessica? I mean if Jessica, my girlfriend, who was a famous and arrogant model, could know then so could my family right? I am so confused. I don't have a very good feeling about this whole surprise thing.

*Amelia's P.O.V*-

I woke up to the slight pounding at the back of my head. I opened my eyes to see nothing but darkness all around me. I could make out certain things, like the bed on which I was lying , the closed door at the far corner of the room, the shape of a cabinet beside the bed. The events from earlier were clear as glass in my brain but I knew that if I had to survive I'd have to remember not to panic. I have to deal with this wisely. So I tried to get up and find the light switch. But the restraints around my ankles and wrists pinned me to the bed. I hadn't realized that I was tied to the bed. Now what?

I just made myself as comfortable as possible and started to think of what to do next. If I yelled, then someone would come in and all my chances at sneaking out would be ruined. But I had to free myself and I couldn't do that alone in the dark. What have I gotten myself into? I was supposed to be in my dorm now, getting my stuff organized and preparing for my classes and yet here I was kidnapped for god knows what purpose, on my first day in London. Why did it have to be me? Why couldn't I have at least one chance at a happy life?

The sound of the door creaking open brought me out of my painful thoughts. I struggled to see whoever entered the room. The lights were switched on and the sudden brightness blinded me. I squinted and blinked a few times to get adjusted to the light and then I saw the man. He looked around thirty, with dirty blond hair and light stubble. He was wearing a black t-shirt and some jeans. And he looked straight at me, his gaze icy cold. And then he called out,"Sir, she's awake!". Just then another man entered the room. He looked even older, in his fifties maybe. His grey hair was thinning, and to be honest at a first look I would consider him pretty harmless with his big flab and 5 ft height along with the smile plastered too his face, but then again I also considered the lady harmless.

"Oh look who's finally up", he said sarcastically walking closer to my bed.

"How are you feeling sweetheart? Not so nice?"

My feelings must've been quite evident on my face which was not a good sign. I couldn't have these people think that I'm scared or weak. I have to be strong.

"Why am I here?", I asked as coldly as I could.

"Oh you'll get to know soon".

His eyes scanned me top to bottom. Gross.

"What's your name love?"

"A-Amelia Smith", damn the stuttering.

"You've picked quite a stunning one this time Ben", the man said.

And that's when I realized that the guy called Ben who was standing at the end of the bed was the same guy who was driving the SUV.

"It was all Mrs. Roberts sir, she's the one who picked her"

"Oh sure she did"

"Come now, untie her"

And the man called Ben walked over to me, instantly working on the ropes that were biting into my wrists. And then my ankles. And my whole body ached when I tried to move my limbs.

"I'm going to my office, can't keep customers waiting. Take her to the dressing room Ben", The man who was referred to as 'Sir' said as he proceeded towards the door.

"Wait! You didn't tell me what I'm here for!", I yelled out to the man. I needed answers desperately.

"Oh you're too anxious, aren't you?", he said stopping in his tracks and turning around. "You're in a place where we get owners for beautiful girls like you. Its all a game of cash, the richest get the best and I can tell you're gonna make some serious money for me sweetheart",he smirked.

"W-what?", I said barely a whisper, this was too much to take in.

Walking out the door he said something more.

"I hate to break it to you princess but your life doesn't belong to you anymore."