You Only Want Me 'Cause I'm Taken

Amelia's P.O.V-

As dad drove me to school today I couldn't stop thinking about him. I really need to go and see him. I need to make sure he's alright. Why did he do this to himself?! What was he thinking? What made him feel so bad?.......Wait...was it me? Yesterday I had yelled on his face that I hated him and that I wanted him to stay away from me.....yeah, I told him to stay away from me.....i-is that why he did it? Am I the one responsible for what happened to him?....oh my god. Tears brimmed my eyes, my throat started to ache as I thought, why did I have to say that to him? Why did I have to be so mean to him? I know that he didn't stop Eleanor from spiking my drink but at least he kept me safe that night. He could've left me on my own and something bad could've happened to me but he stayed with me all through it. He didn't take my advantage, but he actually saved me, he was the one who protected me that night. And what did I give him in return? But why did my words matter so much to him? Why did he care? Why did it hurt him?......did he....did he love me? God no of course not, why would someone like him love someone like me? He's popular and sweet and handsome and has the voice of an angel. Wait! What am I thinking?! He's in danger, this is all my fault. I have to go see him. I just have to. He has to make it out. He has got so much to live for.

In school, everyone was talking about Harry, the news spread like wild fire. I couldn't concentrate in any of my classes. I didn't even see any of Harry's mates. Guilt was eating me alive. If anything happens to him, I'll never be able to forgive myself. So I decided to go and see him after school. That was final.

As the final bell rang, I was the first one to get out of class. I ran out of school, desperate to meet him. I got the name of the hospital from some of his close friends and luckily it wasn't far away. I ran the fastest my legs allowed me to but my mind was racing, a million miles an hour. As I crossed the busy street I almost got hit by a car and fell down on the ground. As the pedestrians started at me with disapproving looks I couldn't hold back anymore. It wasn't the impact of the little accident, it was the impact on my heart that my mind left when it rewound he memory of that onetime, when Harry saved me from getting hit by a car by risking his own life. He promised that he'd always protect me, but now he wasn't here and that was because of me. I'm such a terrible and ungrateful person. I don't deserve him.

I finally got up wiping my tears and made my way towards the hospital. As I took my first step inside, the familiar smell of hospitals hit me. I could literally feel the disappointment in the air, hospitals are the places having raw, tangled emotions of sorrow and happiness but in my case sorrow and guilt were all I could feel at the moment. I walked to the receptionist's desk and asked,

"Uh can you tell me the ward number in which Mr. Harry Styles is admitted?"

"Sure ma'am. Just give me a sec." She said giving me a forced smile.

"No. 256 ma'am"

"Thanks" I said and made my way towards the staircase. After climbing lots of stairs, I finally reached the third floor. I walked through the long corridor looking for No. 256 among the endless rooms on either side of me. And finally at the head of the cornermost most room on my right side I spotted '256'.

This is it. He was just a few steps away from me. But it felt like my feet were glued to the ground, I couldn't move. Countless thoughts raced through my mind, How am I supposed to face him? Will he be upset to see me? What am I gonna say to him?

Shall I return?

I couldn't go inside that room, I couldn't face him but I can't rest without knowing how he is. I don't know what to do. I turned around and was about to walk away but someone grabbed my wrist from behind. I turned to face Louis.

"Amelia? What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I...I just...I came to see H-Harry" I stuttered out.

"Oh, then why are you standing here? Come on in." He said, gently letting go of my hand and gesturing me to come inside the room. The room where he was.

I entered with shaky steps, my heart racing, and it took all the courage left in me to look up to face everyone who was present in that room. I saw Niall, Liam, Zayn, Eleanor, Perrie and Sophia along with Harry's mum Anne. As I looked at their sad, tired faces I somehow felt responsible for everything and at that moment I wanted nothing more than to disappear.

Anne spoke, "Oh, you're Amelia from next door right?". Her voice was so quiet and sorrow laced every word she spoke.

"Um yeah Mrs. Styles", I managed.

She nodded.

And then I finally looked at the person I had actually come to meet. Harry. He was lying on a bed, in oversized hospital clothes, both of his wrists were bandaged, channels were pierced into his arms. And his face, his face was devoid of any colour, those once bright green eyes were now pale and lifeless and were staring straight at me, but I could read one expression on his face, pure shock.

"Darling, look who has come to see you", Anne said to him, giving him a small smile. I knew that it was very hard for her to smile pushing all the sadness aside, I could tell just by looking at her eyes that she was breaking on the inside.

And then for the first time he spoke, "Mum can we just have some time alone?". He spoke slowly, as if uttering every word was painful. But my heart warmed at the sound of his deep, raspy, beautiful voice, the only thing that hasn't changed.