VI. Red Cheeks

Song: Beautiful Crime by Tamer

Fianna

"Stop staring at it," Robb's stern voice jolted her out of the daze she had been in, staring at the crown that rested atop of Robb's auburn curls. She blinked rapidly and sat up straight again.

"I'm sorry, it's just-" she stammered, her eyes narrowing as she studied it again, "very jarring to see you with a crown on your head."

"I imagine it will be more jarring from outside that window, where I will make you go if you don't stop," he teased, looking over from the letter he had been studying to smirk at her.

They had been in Robb's chambers, Fianna casually seated on Robb's bed and Robb at his desk, sifting through his scrolls. It was casual for them to do this, for Fianna to keep him company as he did whatever needed to be done.

Fianna gasped at his words, standing up from the bed, stirring Chroi from his slumber as he had been laying at her feet. She stalked over to her new King, snatching the crown right off of his head.

"Ouch!" He complained, a curl of his catching in it as she ripped it off. She rolled her eyes and reached her hand up, ready to pinch his arm but he caught her by the forearm before she could.

"It's treason to strike your King," he smirked at her again, causing her cheeks to flush for reasons unknown to her.

"You're only King because I decided it!" She replied playfully, tugging at her arm until he let go. "I can undecide just as easily!"

Robb looked down to his letter again, a smile lingering on his lips, while Fianna brought the crown up to her face, studying it intensely.

It wasn't like any other crown any other King would have worn, but it was perfect for a King in the North.

The real crown worn by the Starks hundreds of years ago had been long lost, forced to be handed over to Aegon the Conqueror when Torrhen Stark bent the knee. Therefore a smith at Riverrun had one specially made, closely resembling the original. Or, so they said.

It was made of hammered bronze and iron, metals of the North. The circlet of the crown being bronze which was incised with the runes of the First Men, with nine iron spikes surrounding it - designed to look like long swords.

It had no jewels, but that was much like the North. They weren't interested in the fancier side of things.

Fianna lifted the crown up and gently placed it on the top of her head. It was far too large for her and slipped down slightly.

She stood up straight and crossed her hands in front of her, hollowing in her cheeks and pouting her lips like she always done when she mimicked a highborn.

"Well? Do I look like a queen?" She asked, the twang to her accent, that was specific to the Bua family only, disappearing completely. Robb looked up to her and let out a laugh as he seen the state she was in.