XXII. All Men Must Cry

Song: We Might Be Dead By Tomorrow by Soko

Fianna

After they had finished, she was in the midst of tugging back on her night clothes - thanking the gods all the while that nobody had walked in on them. But she supposed it was rather late, none the less.

Robb was only in his breeches, setting about placing the pawns back on the map in their respective places. She noticed when she turned back to him his eyes lingered on Winterfell, he was longing to go home and everyone with eyes to see could notice that.

Fianna walked to him and wrapped her arms around him from the side, placing her cheek against his bare chest and squeezing his body softly.

"I love you," she reminded him, hoping it would ease his homesickness. He responded by wrapping his arm around her and squeezing her shoulder.

"I hate this bloody thing," she admitted, which he smirked in amusement at.

"Whys that?"

"I've spent so much time looking at it I swear I know every little curve of the coastline and every inch of the wall," she complained, lifting one hand off of Robb and drifting her fingers beside the lake where she knew Baelfort was.

"You miss home too?"

"Sometimes, its been so long now I don't even know if it's my home any more," she sighed, dropping her hand from where her fingers flitted over, to place it on Robb's stomach.

"You're home with me," he told her, causing her to tilt her head back to look him in the eye. She smiled softly and raised an eyebrow in response.

"You're not wrong."

He turned back to look at the map, but Fianna found she couldn't take her eyes away from him. From the hook of his nose, to the set of his lips, she was absolutely enthralled with Robb Stark and the passion that had developed between the two never ceased to falter, even when they did fight. She doubted it ever would.

Fianna was brought back to reality when his eyebrows furrowed, he dropped his arm from her and quickly walked to the other side of the table, his eyes focused on something.

"What is it?"

"I can't force them to meet us in the field, and I can't attack them where they're strongest, but I can attack them where they're not," she watched as he lifted a wolf head and moved it, she narrowed her eyes when she realised where. "Casterly Rock can't run away."

He plucked the wolf head up and into his hand, squeezing it tightly as he spoke, almost as if his very words excited him. "I'm going to take their home away from them, Fianna."

"Robb," she began, shaking her head, "this won't work! We don't have enough men, especially not since the Karstarks have left."

"But if we had the men to replace the Karstarks?" He asked giddily.