XLIX. Turbulent Trauma

Song: Hurricane by Fleurie

Fianna

"Robb- no, don't! She just ate, she'll get sick!" Fianna huffed as she marched across the yard towards her husband and daughter, the former in the middle of spinning the latter around in a circle.

"Whee!" Aifric squealed excitedly, her face flushed red as her father's laughter boomed in her ears. At the stern words of her mother, Robb lowered the child down to stand on her own two feet, already stumbling from her sudden lack of balance. Noticing this, Robb placed his hands on her shoulders to steady her.

"Oh come on," he complained with a playful grin towards his wife, "we're just playing!"

Just as soon as he spoke the words, Aifric's stomach heaved, causing her to bend over and throw up the food she had just ate onto the snow beneath her and her shoes.

Fianna raised an eyebrow at him, frustration filling her as she marched forward. The Northern lady lifted the small girl up into her arms, resting her on her hip, and then turned swiftly to head back inside.

"I wish you'd just bloody listen for once in your life!" Fianna shouted behind her, prompting Robb to roll his eyes and step back from the foul smelling liquid in front of him.

She knew that it was a small thing to get so worked up about, but Fianna found herself getting angry over the slightest of things in the two months that Robb had returned to Baelfort with her.

Fianna Stark was going out of her mind with restlessness. She had not been at such a stationary point in her life since her father had been alive, and now the sudden and swift change to being a simple Lady of the North again was becoming underwhelming, as much as it shamed her to admit it.

She couldn't bring herself to regret her decision, it was the right thing to do for herself and for her family, who she had neglected so much since that fateful night at the Twins nigh on four years ago. But that didn't mean she was adjusting easily.

Fianna had spent the better part of that time focusing on battle strategies and training herself and her body for war, but now the war was over. At least, the one in Westeros was. Winter had come and there was no way the Lannisters would dare venture North to reclaim the land until it was over. The Bolton's and the Freys were gone, and as much as it baffled her, that had left an absence within her. It was no secret she had let rage consume her over that time, but filling that void with love and tranquility was easier said than done.

She hated to think that perhaps she was the reason for the wedge between herself and her husband, but truly, they both contributed to that.