XLV. The Perfect Sister

Song: Survivor by 2WEI

Sansa

Sansa Stark took a deep breath as her horse began to approach the tall expanse of the Baelfort walls. Truly, she didn't understand how the Greyjoys ever managed to invade at all. Baelfort wasn't the largest house in the North by any means, but what it lacked in size it surely made up for in security. Even now, five guards were stationed at every side of the wall she was able to see.

Jon and herself knew that Fianna was further South, but they had hoped the remaining Baelfort inhabitants would be able to tell them where exactly she was so they could send a raven.

"Do you think Rickon is here?" Sansa pressed Jon, evere since he had revealed that their brother was very much alive and well, she had been more frantic than ever to find Fianna so they could be reunited.

"It's hard to guess," Jon said offhandedly, "he'd be unprotected if he was left here, but I can't imagine her taking Rickon and her babes to a battle."

Sansa shifted on her horse anxiously, holding her breath to calm herself as they began to approach the gates.

"Who goes there?" A voice called out, prompting Jon and Davos to share a look.

"Jon Snow, from Castle Black!" Davos revealed for him.

"Why does a man of the Night's Watch want to meet with the Queen?" He replied rudely, as defensive as the Bua men always were of their Lady.

"We've met before, I am her late husband's half brother!" Jon called back, beginning to become frustrated with the stubbornness of the guard. He had been there before, surely his name wasn't that forgettable?

"Who have you got there with ya?" The guard of the gate went on, looking suspiciously between Sansa and Davos.

"Ser Davos Seaworth," Davos informed him. Immediately thereafter, the guard was shoved to the side to reveal a new figure in his stead. The Onion Knight narrowed his eyes in recognition.

"Seaworth?" Bonifer Hasty cut into the discussion. "You're a Baratheon man, now. Why would we let you inside?"

"You were a Baratheon man, too, if I'm not mistaken, Hasty. Loyalties change. As yours clearly have as well," Davos was tempted to call Bonifer out for his betrayal to his liege lord by pledging for a traitor, but refrained. Completely aware that they were not inside yet.

"Fair enough," Bonifer shrugged uncaringly, gesturing to the guard once more to open up the gate for the three visitors.

Sansa nudged her horse to gallop inside quickly, the cold winds had turned her cheeks as red as her hair and she couldn't wait for a warm fire and a roof over her head.