XLVII. Reunification

Song: Someone to Stay by Vancouver Sleep Clinic

Fianna

The second she realised that she was asleep, a sudden rush of sadness had encompassed her enough to never want to open her eyes again. Of course, it would had to have been a dream. Perhaps a hallucination because of the wound inflicted upon her. Robb was dead, and Ramsay's previous taunts had only gotten into her mind enough during her deteriorating state to make her think he wasn't, and that was there with her.

Fianna Stark didn't want to open her eyes and face reality again, as she slipped back into consciousness, the wound was relentlessly paining her to what seemed like no end. But the pain in her heart was so much more proficient. Eventually, she had worked up the courage to open her eyes and face her reality, for her children and to know if they had won the battle more than anything else.

When she opened them, the brightness caused her eyes to flutter closed again, but she grew accustomed to the light after a few seconds and was able to waken herself fully. Her gaze trailed around the room as her vision cleared, until her eyes met the soft brown ones of her good-sister next to her, looking equal parts worried and relieved for the woman in the bed.

"Arya," she managed to say, her voice coming out as a croak. The brunette beamed brilliantly, sitting up in her seat and grasping her hand gently.

"It's about damn time you woke up, I've missed out on torturing Ramsay because I've had to watch over you," she joked, but it was clear the girl was more concerned for Fianna's well being.

"So we won?" Fianna dared to ask, sighing in relief when she nodded her head. Her satisfaction didn't last long however, and soon a sadness overcame her expression again, which Arya was quick to pick up on.

"He's just gone to check on something with Jon, he'll be back any minute," her words confused the young Queen, who tilted her head to the side to narrow her eyes.

"What are you talking about?" She pressed, wondering if she was still asleep. Arya looked perplexed then by Fianna's confusion, opening her mouth to answer but was ultimately cut off by the sound of the door opening. The girls heads snapped forward to see the new arrival.

Fianna whimpered in fright, gripping Arya's hand with a death-like vice. Their gazes were fixed on each other, and when Robb realised she had woken up he smiled the widest grin either of them had ever seen him wear.

"You're awake," he breathed, rushing to her side and dropping down to a knee on the opposite side of the bed to Arya.

"Robb?" Fianna managed to say, taking in every inch of him with her eyes. "Am I dead?" She asked suddenly, horrified at the prospect.