XXV. I Would Die For You, Part 1

Song: Wars of Faith by Audiomachine

(Gif credits to winterfelldirewolf )

Fianna

The tension in the group was palpable as they gathered in the sept for Edmure's wedding ceremony, the ceremony itself would be entirely foreign to Fianna, who had never attended a wedding under the New Gods before. As Edmure and his bride worshipped the seven, their wedding would be carried out accordingly - Fianna and Robb worshipped the Old Gods.

Catelyn stood next to Robb with a troubled expression, mulling over the argument with Arya. She always knew that Arya would be wed eventually, she was the daughter of a high born family and now a Princess of the North. But the guilt she felt for failing to even remember a betrothal she herself had set up for her, was overwhelming.

Fianna stood on the other side of Robb, with the Blackfish next to her. She joked often with her great good-uncle, the two pondering what this Roslyn Frey would look like and remarking on the fearful look on Edmure's face.

Robb and Fianna hadn't spoken since he found out about the letter, although she did try in the hour since, but he was adamant. He was absolutely furious with her and to him it felt like a betrayal.

Edmure took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment when Walder began to walk down the centre aisle with Roslyn, her face was covered with a long, white veil as was customary. He wouldn't be able to see her just yet.

Robb turned back to look at the approaching bride, only to find the eyes of Roose Bolton meeting him. There was a tense moment where Roose didn't turn away, staring at Robb with an unreadable expression before finally looking to Roslyn as well.

Robb wondered in that moment what he was to do about the situation. Whether she withheld the letter or not, it still existed and it's words hung heavy over his head. Perhaps after the wedding he would send Roose back to Harrenhal and appoint a new right hand man, perhaps he should keep him close to watch him carefully. But that was to be decided tomorrow, or later. For now, the wedding came first.

Walder threw Robb a look before he reached Edmure, raising an eyebrow at him and assuming Robb was eager to see the girl he could have potentially married. Although Roslyn Frey's attractiveness was the last thing on his mind at the moment.

Fianna waited with a bated breath as Lord Walder turned to his daughter and carefully lifted the veil from her face. Roslyn's back was to the crowd, and she felt as eager as Edmure, leaning to the side to get a glance.

Edmure's fearful expression fell instantly, in shock or relief she was unsure.

Roslyn got down on her knees, a shake to her body and a quiver to her voice as she began to speak, "Lord Edmure, I hope I'm not a disappointment to you."