XX. Rickon's Refuge

Fianna

Fianna

Edmure Tully, Fianna discovered, was beginning to become a real pain in the arse.

The distraction of the wedding and coronation had pushed the war to the back of Fianna and Robb's minds, but now that the events were over, they were brought back to battle strategies and planning.

They had usually sat with the other lords at a war council meeting, Robb always valued their input and suggestions. But for this meeting in particular, he had only called upon those he truly trusted - his wife, his uncle and his great uncle.

Fianna was sat at the table, some would say she looked rather bored but truly she was frustrated and tired. Discussing their position had only made her realise that they were weaker than ever, with Tywin and the Mountain still at large.

Fianna rested her elbows on the table and rubbed her eyes with her fingers, shaking her head every so often yet not having outright spoken or voiced her opinion.

"If I may, nephew," Edmure started again, to which Fianna and Brynden made eye contact. With that look, they were in agreement that Edmure was doing himself no favours today. "I encountered a situation with one of my lieutenants at the Stone Mill which may have some bearing-"

"Oh why don't you shut your mouth about that damned mill?" The Blackfish cut him off, causing Fianna's lips to upturn in amusement, "and don't call him 'nephew', he is your king."

"Robb knows I mean him no disre-"

"So far today, Robb knows that you have weakened our front and that you can't shoot a bloody arrow if your father's life depended on it," Fianna stated in a dry tone, growing ever more annoyed.

"You're lucky I'm not your King," Brynden continued, "I wouldn't let you wave your blunder around like a victory flag."

"My blunder sent Tywin's mad dog scurrying back to Casterly Rock with his tail between his legs," Edmure defended.

"No, your blunder denied me of my right to avenge the death of my men," Fianna angrily spoke, shoving her chair back and standing up so she could round the table to face Edmure. "Tell me, has there been any moment in this war that we have shied away from a battle when an enemy is not where they should be?"

Edmure didn't reply, his mouth gaping like a fish.

"Do we face them head on or try to spook them into running away, into escaping with their life?"

"Well, no-"

"Well then how the fuck are you proud of letting Gregor Clegane away? Be proud when you bring Robb his head. Not this bollocks," she stated with a tone of finality, giving him one last glare before turning back to rest her hands on the table.

Byrndens lips twitched, he was rather impressed with his great nephews new bride.

Robb had been staring idly out the window, looking as if he had the weight of the North on his shoulders and in a sense, he had. Finally, he turned to march towards Edmure, to continue the rant his wife and great uncle were supplying.