LVI. The Mediator

Fianna

Fianna

Fianna Stark panted relentlessly, chest constricted with exertion. Getting back into shape with her now significantly weaker leg would be a battle, but those thoughts were at the back of her mind now.

Weapon in hand, she crouched behind a stray cart, listening intently for any approaching footsteps. Her eyes scanned her environment for any points of weakness, where the enemy could slip past and catch her off guard. Ignoring the shooting pain that vibrated up her leg, she leaned out to the side, peering out in search for her pursuers.

Fianna could see no signs of movement - meaning they were either hiding, or somewhere else entirely. But she couldn't afford to let her defences slip.

The Bua native was a Queen, and a mother foremost. But this was war, and today - she was simply a soldier.

Deeming it somewhat clear enough to stand up and peer over the top of the cart for a better view, her eyes narrowed as they scanned the courtyard. A flash of a figure ducking behind a barrel didn't miss her eye, eliciting a triumphant smirk as she lifted her weapon higher up, waiting patiently for her opponent to appear again. The second they did, she flung forward.

The snowball hit Eddie square in the chest, causing him to stumble backward a few steps in surprise. She didn't throw it hard enough to hurt him, but he was on Robb's team, and therefore - no longer a son of hers.

"I've got her!" A voice met her ears, much too late for her to react as a mound of snow met the side of her face in a clap. Fianna whirled around on the spot, eyes full of contempt as she regarded upon a grinning Robb.

He was now laughing rather loudly at the sight of his wife, with her hair soaked from snow and a glare that could raise the dead. Perhaps this was what kept him distracted, as he failed to notice his red-haired daughter sneak up behind him, a ball of her own in hand.

Due to her small height, Aifric wasn't able to reach her father's head. But her aim for the snowball was perhaps more damning, as she slapped it against the back of his breeches, right on his bottom.

"Hey!" He yelped, surging forward and clutching his newly cold backside. Aifric grinned innocently, eyes occasionally darting back to her mother behind him - who was now in the process of making another snowball. This time, revenge was had, as she dropped it on the top of his curly hair.

Robb groaned at the sensation of iciness on his skull, flicking his hands through his hair to rid it of the snow.

"Eddie!" Robb called out, "where are you, son? Why aren't you helping me?"

His response came in the form of yet another snowball, hitting him square in the back. Robb reared around in shock at the sight of his giggling four year old. An eventual bombardment started, leading to his wife and his twins showering him with snow until he was soaked from head to toe.