XXI. Wolves at War

Song: Beautiful War by Kings of Leon

Fianna

They were roused from their beds late in the night by a knock on the door. Fianna groaned with tiredness and turned around, pulling the furs above her head and whacking her hand against Robb's arm.

"Get that bloody door," she grumbled, which he responded to with a sigh. He got out of bed wearily, rubbing his hands over his face to waken up and tied a robe around his naked body before he answered the door.

Fianna shut her eyes again, intent on returning to her slumber but the words she heard spoken by the person on the other side of the door aroused her from any chance of sleep.

"Your grace, you have to come quick," he spoke in a rushed, panicked tone.

"What is it?" Robb asked, suddenly alert.

"It's Martyn and Willem Lannister, they've been killed."

"What?" Fianna hissed, sitting up straight in the bed and looking directly at their guest at the door. His cheeks flushed instantly, noting Fianna was entirely lacking any clothing.

"We'll be right down," Robb muttered, all but pushing him out of the doorframe to close it and cut off his view of his naked wife. "By the Gods Fianna, will you put some clothes on."

Fianna didn't care for her lack of attire, the current situation was far more dire than her modesty. She whipped the covers off of her bare body and stepped onto the cold stone floor. Instead of picking out the dress she wore earlier in the day, she instead chose breeches and a shirt - which didn't require a handmaiden to lace up.

She dressed in the space of two minutes, as did Robb. Fianna finished before him and ushered him to hurry up, dread was filling through her and it made her antsy.

Fianna had gotten close to the Lannister boys over the course of a few days, the thought that someone would kill them was shocking to her. She knew them to be innocent, the only Lannister qualities they held was the colour of their hair.

When Robb had finally readied himself, she wrenched open the door and shot off down the hallway, Robb having to speed up to catch along with her.

"This is bad, Fianna. Very fucking bad," he mumbled incoherently, dragging a hand through his bed-tousled hair.

They reached the Great Hall, where Catelyn was already awaiting them. She was seated on a bench, her hair unkempt and her face filled with sadness as she looked down at something Robb and Fianna couldn't see yet.

Rounding the corner, that's when they saw it. Fianna halted in her step at the first sight of the bodies, laying sprawled out and lifeless on a large cloth.