XLVI. Battle of the North

Song: Wait by M83 (make sure it's playing at 4:07 when IT happens)

Fianna

The morning they had first reached the clearing was a cold one. Winter was truly in full force, the white raven from the citadel expected to arrive any day now.

Fianna Stark was on the front line of the small group, with Jon, Arya, Rickon and Sansa. Accompanying behind them, were the Northern Lords under her fealty. Rickon was forbidden from engaging in combat, but his elder siblings and guardian had allowed him to join to show Ramsay that the Starks were, once again, a united front. Here to retake their home.

Upon seeing the opposing group in the distance, Fianna held her hand out and they all brought their horses to a stop.

"Alright," she puffed out a breath of air, "lets all keep a cool head and not show him any sign of emotion. He has to think that we're confident with our decision to proceed with a battle. Ramsay's a manipulative little fucker."

When they nodded in agreement, she clicked her tongue and her horse set off again, but Jon, sensing Sansa's apprehension, lingered behind.

"You don't have to be here you know," her half-brother murmured to her, worried for her well-being. Sansa was the only one truly scared of the upcoming battle, while the other three were more determined than ever for bloodshed.

"No, I want to," she shook her head, taking a deep breath to steady herself and pushing forward once more.

The second Sansa had reached Fianna and Arya's side, mere feet away from the man who tormented her, Ramsay let out a wicked grin, his eyes focused solely on her. His gaze made her skin crawl.

"I wouldn't recommend looking at Sansa," Fianna voiced, her tone casual, and Sansa wondered how she remained so calm in the face of evil. "I'd hate to have to gouge your eyes out. It's a rather messy affair."