XXV. I Would Die For You, Part 2

Back inside the hall, Catelyn was a ball of anxiety

Back inside the hall, Catelyn was a ball of anxiety. Panic began to flood through her as the events of the day started to play in her head, desperately she was nitpicking at every moment that seemed strange to her.

Lord Walder raised his hand, effectively cutting the music off and called out, "Your grace!"

Robb, who was sat next to Fianna, pushed his chair back and stood up to respond. Catelyn reluctantly sat back down next to Roose Bolton, her eyes flickered about the room nervously.

"I fear I've been... remiss with my duties," Walder began, as Catelyn's eyes drifted to Roose. She wished she wasn't sat here, she would rather be next to Fianna at this moment.

"I've given you meat, wine and music but I haven't shown you the hospitality you deserve," his words set her body alight with fear as Roose turned his head to look at her. Those eyes, she thought. Those damned eyes that looked so cold and dull and cunning, were filled with a new emotion. Amusement.

Those same eyes flicked down to his arm that rested on the table, with shaking hands she lifted her fingers over and peeled back the cloth that covered his arm, revealing the chainmail laying underneath.

"My king has married and I owe my new queen a wedding gift!" Walder droned on in the background, his words caused Fianna to perk up. She doubted she wanted any gift coming from Walder Frey.

It took Catelyn all but a few seconds to realise what was going on, and all but a few seconds to realise what Tiernan had meant in his letter to Fianna.

Don't trust the flayed man.

Immediately, she stood and ripped her arm up, hitting him across the face and desperately shouting out, "Robb!"

Fianna's hand slipped down to one of the daggers she had hidden in her boot, just in case. Weapons were forbidden at a wedding, but she wasn't going anywhere at the Twins without something.

She heard the unmistakeable sound of a blade leaving its scabbard from behind her, and immediately ripped her own out from next to her ankle.

Turning to meet the assailant she knew would be coming, Fianna lifted her boot out and kicked the Frey son that was gunning for her straight in his privates, causing him to double over. Wasting no time, she stood and whirled her hand through the air, slicing the dagger along his throat and inducing a spray of blood to follow it.

Fianna turned quickly back to meet the eyes of her husband, who was too in shock to even move. A flicker in the corner of her eye caught her attention, and she noticed the band that provided the music were now drawing their crossbows instead of instruments.

"Robb! GET DOWN!" Too in a daze to listen, he turned around instead, so his wife lifted her knee and rammed it against the underside of the table until it flipped on its side, the table contents spilling onto the floor.