LV. The King in the North Part II

Fianna

Fianna

When first she awakened, the only thing she was able to make sense of was that she was very warm. The weight of several blankets were heavy on top of her, and she scrambled her hands up from her sides to shove them off.

The motion caught the attention of her husband, who had been busy writing a scroll on the desk in the room. Jon had officially handed the room to Robb and Fianna, although they had only been staying in it since the evening before.

"You're awake," he murmured happily, a smile brightening up his features as he dropped his quill and made a move towards the bed, settling to sit down beside her body.

"Hi," she replied with a small smile, voice hoarse from being asleep. It took her a second before the events of the day before transpired, and Robb could tell immediately by her suddenly shocked expression when the memories hit.

"You're okay," he soothed, reaching his hand over and cupping her warm cheek. "We're safe now."

She nodded quietly, deciding to save her voice whenever possible and leaned into his palm.

"How am I looking?" She asked tiredly, well aware she most likely looked terrible if her aching body had anything to say about it.

"As beautiful as always," he smirked, leaning down and pressing a delicate kiss to her forehead. Fianna rolled her eyes playfully, but revelled in his attention none the less.

"And what about...?" She nodded with her head towards her legs, which were covered by the thick furs surrounding her.

"You've broken your ankle, for sure, and they think you may have broken your knee," he explained, wincing before continuing. "One of the wildlings was able to set your knee back, but your ankle..."

"My ankle is fucked," she answered for him, her eyes lowering from his face to raise to the ceiling. Fianna blinked rapidly to stop tears forming, but Robb knew her better than that. Gently, he reached his hands out and cupped her own in his- she immediately responded by squeezing his fingers.