33 》 Inside a bottle

Colby's POV

I was the happiest I have been in months.

I was always my happiest whenever I was with her.

With my Ronnie,

My girl..

While I was on cloud nine, her whole body was shaking while she was simply just picking a bottle of water to buy.

She had been stood there for 5 minutes until I finally decided to interrupt her because our flight was in 30 minutes and we haven't even met up with the others yet.

We had spent about an hour checking in all the shopping bags we had collected then we had to go back through security but now we were getting ready for the actual flight.

My plan had worked up until now.

I had managed to distract her from her fear but water was somehow reminding her of flying,

"It's not the last bottle of water you will ever see" i joke as she finally picks one up and stares at it like a mad man,

"But what if it is? What if the plane crashes and we all die?" She blurted out,

"Fuck sakes, Ronnie. That's a bit morbid don't you think?" I question still horrified,

"I know- I'm just saying what if that does happen? I don't want to die" she sighs,

"I highly doubt you will, I'm not as strong as an airplane but I can make sure that I can do everything in my power to keep you safe, Yeah?" I try and reassure.

I could tell she was still worried and fearful but she just nodded her head anyways.

I also picked up a bottle of water and I paid for our items.

I passed Ronnie her water and she gripped it tightly as we could now see our gate ahead of us.

A hand appeared out of the crowd and started waving.

People continued to walk past but it eventually cleared up and Elton was the owner of the hand.

I pointed at our group and Ronnie spotted them.

Her hand quickly held onto mine.

I looked down at her tight grip, now becoming quite alarmed.

I looked at her with a worried expression.

I never realised that it was this bad,

"Just don't let go and- I'll be fine.." she says, trying to steady her breathing.

I nod and tightly squeeze her hand one last time before we finally reach our group of idiots.

We all reconnect then Katrina turns to Ronnie with a shocked expression,

"Oh my god, Ronnie. You look like you have seen a ghost!" Kat exclaims,

"Yeah you don't look so good. Are you okay?" Aaron says as he joins the conversation, clearly concerned.

I look down at Ronnie who is still trying to breath,

"What- oh yeah I'm fine. It's just because it's my first plane and I'm quite nervous" she breaths.

She was casually talking with Aaron and Katrina, keeping it cool while I watched her breathing for her.

We were all snapped out of our conversations when a muffled voice came over the intercom,

"Now boarding flight 77432 at gate 9. I repeat now boarding flight 77432 at gate 9, thank you", a dull voice finishes and Ronnie looks up at me,

"Is that for us?" She asks, I assume she was referencing to the intercom,

"Yep, it's time to get on the plane now. Are you sure you can do this?" I check one last time.

She nods her head and lets go of my hand then walks forward.

She handed over her ticket to an elderly woman who was working at our gate.

I was impressed.

I shouldn't baby her.

She needs to conquer her fear on her own.

I will be there to check on her but she is strong, I know she can do this.

I follow after everyone as I also hand over my ticket to the elderly woman,

"Enjoy your flight!" She says enthusiastically,

"You too!"I blurt out without even thinking.

I quickly storm ahead and catch up with Ronnie.

I latch onto her hand and she laughs at me.

Here we go..

Q: speak about the recent chapters, I wanna know what you think