Chapter 30: graduation

a couple months later..
-
Skylar's POV•
it's a ordinary saturday morning as i am waking up for graduation. well i guess having my graduation isn't just a ordinary day. I finish my cereal and put it in the sink. i go upstairs to take a shower.

as i get out of the shower, i put my thigh length tight red dress i got last week with some beige heels.

i start to blow dry my hair and then, straighten it. i finish it of with curls at the end.

i do my neutral makeup and put on my cap and gown.

i look in my full sized mirror and look at myself, "wow" i whisper to myself.

I still can't believe i moved her 2 years ago and now i have amazing friends, family and a great boyfriend.

too bad he's on tour and won't make it. i grab my phone and take a mirror selfie on snapchat.

i send it to "shawn💙" with the caption.

"miss you, wish you could be there😭💔"
i sigh. i shut off my phone and go downstairs to join  McKayla, Lauren, Bella and my mom.

i walk down the stairs and look at everyone talking and laughing.

"hey everyone, i'm ready to go" i smile. and all of a sudden i hear loud sobs.

ugh, mom! why now!

"oh sweetheart, i know your dad isn't here cause of a business trip but, he would be so proud!" she sniffles wiping her tears with her hanker-chief.

i smile embracing her and Bella into a hug. "i love you guys so much, thank you, for EVERYTHING."

i shed a tear trying not to ruin my makeup. "so, what are we waiting for? let's go graduate!" i hear McKayla scream as she runs out the door.
-
we are behind the school as everyone is talking and laughing about all the moments we shared together.

i am with McKayla and Lauren talking about "who's hot or not?" article on the people magazine.

i check my phone seeing if shawn called or even texted but, i guess not he's probably in a show.

"so, do you miss him?" Lauren blurts out. McKayla punches her. "OUCH! WHAT THE-" she stops as her jaw drops as she stares.

"um, lauren are you-" and like that, it happens to McKayla too. "guys, what are you staring at?" i laugh.

they both grab me and spin me around as my smile drops to the floor when my eyes begin to water. am i dreaming? cause i don't wanna wake up.

I see a handsome Shawn in a nice baby blue dress shirt and a black tie. he's also were black dress pants and shoes and his cap and gown.

which still define his muscle by the way.

i do the first thing that comes to mind. run to him. and as i am running i start crying and i jump onto him, crashing my lips onto his as i wrap my arms around his neck, bringing him down to me.

and then he lifts me up, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist.

as we end the kiss, he placed me to the ground, still hugging him for the longest time, burying my face in his chest.

i felt so warm, safe and happy in his arms again.

we pull away from the each other as we look at each other.

he caresses my cheek and smiles down at me, wiping tears. "i missed you" softly say.

he softly kisses my lips. "i missed you more."

ugh, you don't know i much i love this man.

why are you hear?" i say confused pulling away from him, confused.

"you didn't think i'd actually miss my graduation, did you?" he chuckles, enveloping me into another hug.

"plus, i missed my girl" i can feel him smirking, knowing that he knows i love it when he calls me that.

"So, you ready to do this?" i look up at him with a smile.

he pretends to think for a while. "hmm, i don't know, staying in high school sounds fun" he smirks.

i punch him in the arm playfully and laugh. he grabs my hands and looks down at me.

"as long as i have you by my side, i'll always be ready" he smiles.

he wraps his arm around my shoulder as we walk to the seating area, where we join all our friends.
-
Finally! we're out of that hell hole!" Cameron says with cheer.

we all laugh as we walk into a nice italian restaurant that we had made reservations for 2 days ago.

we talk to the woman at the front as she leads us to a big table to fit all our friends.

we all thank her as she takes our orders for our drinks and food. Shawn whispers something i her ear as she smiles and nods as she walks to the back.

hm, wonder what he said? he probably just asked for something.

i rest my head on shawn's shoulder looking around at everyone.

wow, i can't believe i have all these amazing people around me. i don't know what i did to deserve them.

Shawn looks at me noticing me zoning out. "baby, you okay?" he asks. i look at him with a small smile.

"yeah, just thankful for everyone at this table i say" loud enough for everyone at the table to hear.

"especially for you" i smile kissing him.

"awww!" everyone says.

"i'm glad cause-" he stops and gets up from his seat.

um, a little lost here, what's going on?

i hear soft, sweet music start to play.

Shawn bends dow on one knee as he grabs my hand and looks me in my eyes

oh my god. no, he isn't.

"Skylar Jane Smith, your the sun to my moon, the peanut butter to my jelly, the bee to my flower, your my one true love. every since the day you moved in, i knew there was something special about you. I just didn't know what.. I know we've had our ups and downs but, I never want you to leave my side. EVER. i could never live without you. so will you do the honors-" he pulls a small red velvet box out of his pocket.
"and make me the happiest man on earth, and marry me?" he smiles, opening the box.

i gasp. i know we're only 18 but, i loved him so much and knew this would happen eventually.

tears were rolling down my cheeks as i am speechless. i just shake me head.

his smile grows even bigger as he places the ring on my finger. perfect fit.

i jump out of my chair and leap into shawn's arms, kissing him with joy.

we pull apart. looking at our friends. they're cheering, jumping, hugging. i cant help but laugh.

shawn wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me in tight,looking down at me.

"i love you Skylar Smith" he says.

"i love you more, Shawn Mendes" i give him a peck on the lips and look at our friends going wild.

wow, who knew that i'd get engaged and fall in love with the boy next door? guess it was just fate...

The End~
-
Well, that's it for tbnd guys! tbh i am very sad to end this book but, it had a good run😂 its one of my most popular books and i am proud of it. thank to everyone who read this book and supported it! but im sorry, there is not going to be an epilogue:( but please go check out my other books! thank you all and have an amazing day!❤️
-maria💙