First Day

Mia POV

I woke up early and decided to get ready for my first day of school. I would be posing as Uncle Stefan's cousin who barely moved here.

I brushed out my long brown hair and put on some school clothes my dad bought me. I didn't bother with make up, it looked too complicated to put on.

I grabbed my book bag and I heard my name being called downstairs. I was sat down as my dad stood in front of me.

"So since today is your first day of school I have some rules. One, no talking to boys besides your uncle and Jeremy. Two, no checking out other guys. Three, no drinking blood without your uncle's supervision. Four, no vampire moves today."

I listened to all his rules and then finally, Uncle Stefan came to my rescue

I listened to all his rules and then finally, Uncle Stefan came to my rescue. "Okay I got it from here. We're gonna be late if we don't go."

Dad gave me a kiss on the head and I got into Uncle's red car. "So what do I call you?"

"Call me Stefan in front of others. Also, don't worry I have some classes with you and others you have with Jeremy. I noticed you're more comfortable with him," he winked.

"Just drive already," I blushed when I heard my dad growl inside the house. We got to school and I couldn't believe how many children I was around.

I noticed Elena and Jeremy waiting for us, well more for Stefan. I got out of the car and walked over to the human spawns.

I smiled at them, "Hello Gilbert siblings. I am ready to start high school."

Jeremy and I didn't have a first class so we stuck together. We had nothing to do so he showed me to my locker and helped me set up my books.

"This is all still so strange. This time difference has me all weirded out. Girls don't have any husbands or children," I noticed to Jeremy.

"Well some have kids," Jeremy shrugged as he pulled out my first book. "Can I ask you how you were changed? We still have 1 hour 20 minutes of free time."

I sat down and made sure no humans were around. "I was 6 years old when Pearl changed me."

"Wait Anna's mom changed you?"

"You know Anna?" I hated her so much.

"Well yeah, I just didn't know her mom. I can't believe her mother would do that to you so young."

"Pearl said it was the only way for them to get the suspicion off of Anna. I was playing with my toys, then next thing I know I'm in transition, then in a tomb starving. Pearl was there too, but Anna wasn't. I remembered everything, every time Pearl had compelled me. Every time they fed off me."

"So Anna and her mom put you through hell," Jeremy looked angry. "She said they never did anything bad. That they were screwed over by Katherine."

"They were screwed over, but they did stuff to me. Anna pretended to be my friend, but now that I look back at it, she was only scared of being caught. How do you know Anna?"