Settled In

Mia POV

"Ugh I have never hated a flight more than this." Tyler groaned, rubbing his neck and I rolled my eyes at his tendency to be a drama queen. I never been on an airplane and I thought it was nice, except my legs started aching after 5 hours.

We made our way to grab our luggage and once that was there, we called for a taxi to drive us to our home until Klaus was killed. On our way to the home I couldn't stop staring at the scenery. California was nothing like the pictures but maybe it was just the area around the airport. Finally we reached the drop off which was a town near the mountains.

Most like for Tyler's full moon shifting. We grabbed our bags and Tyler said, "Okay the rest is on foot. Thankfully for us it would take a few minutes. Follow my path." I nodded and in a blink, he was off running to through the hills. I flashed after him, a few minutes later we arrived to a beautiful home which wasn't as grand as his old house but very comfortable.

"Wow." I was speechless and he noticed, smirking at his job well done in choosing this house. We got settled in and I still put my things in my own room, only so we could each have enough room for our things. I noticed his car wasn't here yet but I knew it would be another day or two of driving it here.

I sat down on the bed, the room felt cozy... but it didn't feel like home. I so badly wanted to reach for my phone and call my family, but I couldn't. I felt tears burning and blinked them away, I had to be strong.

"Mia?" Tyler's soft tone said from the doorway but I didn't turn to look. "I'm gonna head down to the grocery store, want anything?" I shook my head and felt the rush of air as he left. I reached into the drawer and pulled my little box out, holding onto the picture of me and my family.

"I left you guys alone in war," I sobbed, holding the picture to me. I felt so many emotions, I couldn't handle them all at once. I missed everyone. I even missed Bonnie and that was saying something. I can't believe instead of sending Elena away they sent me.

But if Elena would have left unprotected Klaus could have easily found her and killed her. I could handle myself and she would have everyone there to protect her. Then my thoughts went to my father, how was he doing? Was he heartbroken and murdering each night? Was I on his mind right now?

I pulled out my phone when I felt a buzz. "This is my new number, Tyler." Turns out he forgot to mention he got us new phones. I placed mine away and wiped away my tears, I had to get use to this. I called the high school down the hill and the receptionist told us that we could start this Monday, which thankfully it was tomorrow.

"Well.. here's to new change."

-------------------------------------------------------
OneMonthLater..
-------------------------------------------------------

Damon POV

"Okay what do you got." I clapped my hands together excited when Bonnie mentioned a way to kill Klaus. Elena was still overprotective of her since our little show of killing Klaus at the school didn't work, but I was glad he thinks Bonnie's dead.

"Well it's not much but it's obvious that he's going through with the ritual. I only found a way to save Elena's life."

"What does it do." Stefan said, but Elena was still chewing on her fingers nervously. I didn't think she had much nails left to be honest, might be sucking the nubs.

"You won't like this-"

"Get on with the point." I didn't have much time. I hadn't seen or heard from my daughter in a month. I needed to get this asshole killed so she can be here.