The Gilberts

Mia POV

I woke up the next day, still in the arms of Tyler Lockwood. I stretched and groaned when the sunlight hit my eyes. I reached over and flicked his forehead, causing him to growl. I smirked, "Ease up on the grip please. I need to grab a shirt."

He sighed and rolled over, pulling the blanket over him as he fell back asleep. I flashed over to my closet, pulling out some shorts and a simple black tee shirt. I showered and got ready for the day, for once feeling really excited about what today would bring.

"Morning sexy," Tyler's groggy sleep filled voice said as I came out of the bathroom. I winked at him, flashing over him to straddle his waist. His hands went to my hips and I leaned down to kiss him softly. "Today I have football practice. What time is it?"

I pulled out my phone, "Its 10. Why? What time do you have practice?"

"I have to be there at 12, which is perfect timing if you ask me," his eyes twinkling with mischief.

I decided to play along. "Oh yeah? And whys that huh?" He flipped me over, hovering over me to press his lips against my neck, "But I just got done showering, Ty."

"Get dirty with me then," he said in such a seductive tone I couldn't stop myself from pressing my lips to his, wrapping my legs around him. We had fun fooling around for a good hour before I knew it, he was caring me into the shower since I couldn't feel my legs.

We showered and I decided to actually try with a better outfit. I put on a sleeveless scarlet crop top, some black skinny jeans, and my black pumps, throwing on a sheer black tee shirt. I put on some mascara and some dark red lip gloss. I sat at my vanity as I started up my hair straightener. As I was straightening, Tyler walked up to me and kissed me on my cheek.

"I have to get going. I'll see you later for the skit practice." I nodded and he left me to finish up. As I finished up, I heard my phone ring. It was Elena calling, so I answered.

"Hello?" I put her on speaker so I can finish my last few pieces.

"Hey where are Stefan and Damon? I tried calling them and none answered."

"Nice to know I'm the last resort," I teased, "really hurts my feelings."

"Mia I am not kidding," her serious voice got me worried, "John Gilbert showed up last night. He claims he's here to protect me but he knows something about the Originals."

"Where is he right now? Actually it doesn't matter. I'm on my way," I hung up and turned off my straightener. I grabbed my sunglasses, keys, and bag as I made my way out my house, locking the door. I thanked god I was able to get my own car since the guys took theirs to New York.

I was a bit worried since they were supposed to return home this morning so I decided to call my dad. He answered on the first ring, "Dad? Where are you guys? Elena has been worried sick."

"We're on our way back. We just decided to sleep in and our phones died. Is everything okay? Do I need to push the speed limit? Did something happen to you?"

I rolled my eyes as he freaked out. Even if something happened I could take care of myself. "Dad stop working yourself up, I am fine I promise. Lets just say Elena has an unexpected house guest, but don't worry I'm handling it. Just get home, love you guys."

I hung up and started the drive to Elena's house. It was weird, I use to feel so welcomed at the house but not being Jeremy's girlfriend, it feels different. I groaned, mentally slapping myself as I forgot I was supposed to have a talk with Jere last night.

I parked the car and flashed to the front door, knocking on it. Jenna opened it, but I noticed she looked a bit pissed off. "Hey Mia, come right on in. I was just leaving." I watched as she stalked to her car, practically ripping the door open. I waved bye to her awkwardly as I made my way inside, my vampire senses feeling on alert and the tension.