Goodbye

Mia POV

The rest of the night was of me focused on my laptop, searching for cures for a werewolf bite to a vampire.

Of course it didn't help that most of the fucking answers came from fanfictions but Ric sent me some legit websites.

I could hear my mother groaning and whimpering in pain here and there, but dad always tended to her. I felt bad for ignoring Jeremy's calls, but I had to find a cure quickly for my mom.

I could hear my dad's footsteps come to my doorway, his long sigh clear as ever. He hated that I was 'wasting' my time looking for false hope. What did he want me to do? Just relax while my mother was dying? "Mia there isn't-"

"Is she asleep?" I cut him off, not wanting this talk again. It was 4 in the morning, but I could care less. I was dead anyways, why need sleep? He came to kneel beside me, gently grabbing my chin so my eyes could meet his.

"Baby girl... You aren't going to find anything."

"I have to try," tears brimmed my eyes, "I can't lose another mother." Suddenly anger burst through me, my vision clouding with red. It was like the animal in me was out, the human side pushed behind.

"It was Jules. She's so dead!" Dad held me down in my seat as I struggled to get free.

"Mia stop it! I already tried threatening her and that shit didn't work. There. Is. NO. CURE!" He yelled, causing my struggles to lessen.

I dropped my head, not wanting him to see the tears spill. I still felt the anger, but the pain was worse. Why couldn't I save her? Was this all my fault? "Jules attacked her because of me. It should have been me."

I cried my heart out as the truth in those words broke my heart. Dad held me to his chest, telling me it wasn't my fault but I knew that it was. I shouldn't have provoked her! I should have just ignored her.

Then my mom..my innocent mom.. she wouldn't be knocking on death's door. It was Jules..if she was never in Mystic Falls. At that, my head snapped up.

"Its all his damn fault." Dad looked at me in confusion but I didn't care. Right now, I had a certain werewolf to kill. I pushed him aside and flashed out the window.

As soon as I touched the ground I flashed all the way to the Lockwood mansion. I could smell him, only his scent in the house. My eyes rumbled as my fangs broke through.

"Vampire bite for a werewolf bite." That sounded fair to my ears.

I calmed myself, I had to finish this quickly so I could get home to my mom. I ran to the door, quickly opening it before flashing around, hoping to scare him.

He was in the living room, but I could tell the flashes to his human eyes made him grab a wooden stake. I growled and threw it to the other side of the room before he could react.

"Mia?! What the hell!" He looked a bit relieved and I could see happiness in his eyes, but that did nothing but spark my anger. I gripped his throat tightly and he wheezed for air, trying to pry my hands off him.

"If you wouldn't have called for them, they wouldn't have showed up! They wouldn't have bitten my mom." I hissed out in venom as I threw him to the floor, letting him gasp for air. I glared at him in anger, my mind going 100 miles an hour. Once he could breathe correctly, he held his hands up in surrender.

"Mia I never called them to come...I swear to you, I didn't. I was only looking for my uncle, I didn't know they would stay and bite Rose," I could see the truth in his eyes, but the selfish part of me still wanted to blame him. To blame someone for this.