Klaus and College

Mia POV

I sighed in boredom, the house completely empty since my parents went for a romantic vacation. In other words, killing in Hawaii but whatever. Jeremy and Matt were hanging out today. Caroline was judging cheer try outs and my uncle was with Elena so...here I am.

There was no way in hell I was gonna ask Bonnie to hang out, but then I realized there was a certain hybrid downstairs I could poke some fun at. I placed down my phone and went down the stairs, looking into his cell as he looked weak.

I rolled my eyes at his dramatics. He's been alive for more than a thousand years, he ain't starving over a few weeks. "I can feel your curiosity from here, little one."

"Seriously? What is up with you and Elijah calling me that." I rolled my eyes as I boldly stepped inside and sat on the chair. I watched him sit up on the bed, but the chains wouldn't allow him to move.

"You're allowing me company now?" He chuckled darkly and I shrugged, "let me guess, you're bored."

"Well talking to you is definitely something I would do on free will." I spat out in venom, my hatred seeping through a bit. He rolled his eyes and I snapped. "You're not in the least bit sorry?!"

"Only thing I'm sorry for is not using Jules for the ritual. The Lockwood wolf would have been strong enough for the transformation."

I glared at him, how disgusting and heartless could he be? My dad was the closest to not giving a shit about humans a vampire could get, but this Original beat him by far in that category.

"He should have been graduating this month. He should have been making a future for himself. You took that from him."

"I hate to break it to you, love." He leaned in, "but I don't care. You think he's the first person I've killed in my 1000 years? He isn't. And he won't be the last."

"What I think is funny is that you haven't killed me yet." He rose an eyebrow at that, "you really think I'm dumb enough to believe those shitty old chains can hold you back? Only reason you haven't laid a hand on me is because Caroline would hate you."

I didn't know what it was about mentioning Caroline, but every time I did he would relax more and be less angry. I smirked, knowing that it was true.

"Tell me about your life."

He looked at me in complete shock. Hell, I shocked myself as well but since I'm so bored maybe I can find a weakness in him. One bigger weakness than Care.

"Why would I tell you anything?"

"Well one, we both have nothing to do. Two, I can find it out from anyone so I'd rather hear it from you."

"Well then, I was born in the early early years, before most really. My mother was a witch, my father was a Viking. I had four siblings, but my father hated me the most."

Bingo. Daddy issues.

He continued on, "He taught us how to fight daily but he always had a grudge with me. He'd beat me. Torture me. Humiliate me. My mother couldn't do anything to help me but she would care for me. Then my mother decided to make us immortal. That's when I knew I was different. I became a hybrid after my first kill, awakening my wolf side."

I saw in his face that the memories still stung him. Part of me wanted to kill him, but I knew we all had a dark time that hurt. I brought my knees to my chest as I listened on.

"I knew then I was a different man's child. A man who had the wolf gene and that made my father want to kill me even more. Mother realized how we all were and tried to kill us. So eventually, all my siblings and I ran off. We had a bond, family was forever, but as years came some conflicts would come between us. Hence why none of them care enough to come to me."