New Slate

Mia POV

I skipped aimlessly around the house, bored out of my mind. Everyone was at school, what a buzz kill. My dad and everyone found out about Katherine, of course Elena believes her life is in danger now.

Caroline got the green light to go back to school as long as Uncle is with her. Tyler and I have hung out more, but he knows I'm not ready for anything yet.

Jeremy, that name still brings a smile to my face..but tears to my eyes. Him and Bonnie seem to be going out now, but I feel that something is off.

I closed my eyes and chugged some bourbon before the bottle was taken from my hands. My dad was in front of me, giving me an annoyed look.

"Okay one, if you're that bored, why not go back to school. Two, use a cup next time please."

He grabbed two cups, sitting next to me. He poured us each a glass and I thought about it. I was pretty bored on school days, plus it would let me hang out longer with people.

I flashed upstairs, changing into my new outfit.

I zipped up the heels before tossing the scarf aside

I zipped up the heels before tossing the scarf aside. I grabbed my black school bag before heading downstairs.

"Let's go."

Dad rose an eyebrow, "Wait you're seriously going back? What happened to being my drinking buddy?"

"Dad I don't think I've heard any father say that to their daughter," I giggled. "I love spending time with you, but I just want to have something to do for the last two months before school ends."

"Fine fine, but just compel everyone to believe you went on a vacation."

I agreed to that and Dad drove me to school. He stopped to grab me some snacks, even though I'm sure I missed the first two classes.

He went to the school with me since he is my "legal guardian" in their eyes. He signed the papers before telling me to meet up at the Mystic Grill after school.

I went to 4th period when the bell rang and I was so happy since I didn't have a 6th class! Perks of being a vampire? I think yes.

I sat down in the open seat Alaric assigned, but as kids filed in I noticed Uncle, Bonnie, and Elena had the class.

I mentally groaned when I noticed my Uncle sat behind me. I also noticed the sad looks Bonnie gave me, but I didn't want to look at her.

We took notes for the first half of class, before getting the papers for a project assignment. We had to find a partner but Stefan had assigned me to be his.

I turned around and said, "So partner, what should our topic be on?"

"Well we have to do it in the time frame of WW2, so how about the nuclear bombing of Nagasaki."

"Why not Hiroshima?"

"Everyone will want to be doing that," He said in a 'duh' voice and I playfully put my hands up in surrender.