I'm sorry

Mia POV

I knocked on the door. I knew this was where she was staying, I could sense it. I had to know everything she did. That's why after dinner at Tyler's, I snuck out.

"Oh look who it is," Katherine smirked, leaning against the doorway. "I think its fair you stay out since you didn't invite me in yesterday."

"Trust me, you're safer with a barrier stopping me from kicking your ass," I gave a sarcastic smile and rolled my eyes. "What did you do when you compelled Jeremy and Bonnie."

She started to laugh, "I knew wolf boy wouldn't keep your attention. Maybe we aren't so different."

"I don't sleep with brothers when I'm bored." I shot back.

"Point made. Look I'm laughing at how naïve you are. Mia, witches can't be compelled." She made a look, making me catch on.

That bitch. "Bonnie was in on it? She knew this whole time Jeremy's been compelled?"

She nodded, satisfaction in her eyes. Just then, Mason Lockwood walked out to the doorway, kissing her on the cheek. He looked at me, before heading past me.

"Why is Tyler's uncle here?" I glared at her.

"He's a special item to me, plus he keeps me cosy at night," she winked and I gagged. "But enough about me, this is really on you. Who's it going to be, your human or your wolf?"

"I..I don't-"

"Can't choose can you," she smirked. "That's the problem with love, it causes you so much confusion and heartbreak."

I felt my phone ring, "Hello?"

"Mia," Elena's voice cried through the phone, causing worry to fill me. "I need your help. It's Jeremy!"

"I'm on my way." I turned around, ready to bolt but what she said next caused me to hesitate.

"Just know you can't have both. You're gonna have to hurt one for the other," She winked and I clenched my fists. I wouldn't have to choose if it weren't for you.

I bolted towards the Gilbert house. I looked at the house that many memories were made..I couldn't think of that right now. Jeremy needed me.

I ran up the steps, but horror set in as I saw Elena cradling a lifeless Jeremy to her. "Jeremy!" I dropped to my knees, my heart breaking.

"D-Damon did this. I-I told him I loved S-Stefan," she tried to breathe and I shut my eyes, trying not to let anger consume me.

I rubbed her arms, but my eyes couldn't stop looking at the guy who broke my heart...he was gone. I whimpered, running out of the room and towards the forest.

I felt bad that I basically ditched Elena, but I needed to let it out. "FUCK," I shouted in pain as I punched a tree. I kicked it down and punched another.

Jeremy was dead. I never saved him! I never helped him from Katherine. This was all my fault. I fell to my knees, rocking back and forth as my tears ran down my face.

I breathed in and out a few times, trying to get myself together. But how could I when he's dead?! HE'S FUCKING DEAD AND I NEVER GOT TO SAY GOODBYE.

I felt tears, but I blinked them away. I ran back to the house, but noticed my Uncle was there.

"I hate him," she sobbed out as she held Jeremy's head. I closed my eyes, not wanting to believe he was gone.

"Get her to calm down and make her some tea," I softly asked my uncle. He gently took her in his arms and I could hear her sobs as they went downstairs.