Chapter 6 - Havana

Song -Havana by Camilla Cabello

Chapter - 6 Havana 

"CHARLIE!!" I yelled. 

A couple of seconds later, Charlie knocked at my door. "Yes, Miss Skyler?"

"Come in please." I said patiently, my voice sounding oddly high.

Charlie came in and asked,"Is something wrong, Miss?"

"Oh its nothing. It's just that Santa came to early this year, and dropped someone else's present in my house." I said sarcastically. I pointed to the expensive thing still sitting on my nightstand. I didn't dare to touch it. "What's that thing doing here?"

"That, Miss Skyler, is an apology present from His Majesty." Charlie said blankly, and he almost appeared to be shrugging.

"An apology present?!" I exclaimed incredulously. "I don't need an apology present. Even if he did want to give me one, he should have given something like normal people, like flowers or a card, or chocolates or something. This is too much! Normal people give this to others as an apology present if they...broke their Nobel Prize or lost their diamond crown or something."  I rambled. 

"Do you want chocolates and flowers, Miss?" Charlie asked as if I didn't say anything else.

"That's what you got from that?! Charlie, I can't accept this. I am just a guest, a teacher. I am not....I just cant accept this. Please take it back." I said, pointing to the box. "This is just insane."

"His Majesty thought you would say that. I have been given strict orders to not take it back." Charlie said.

"Well, I will have to go and talk to him then. This is insane." I exclaimed, and was preparing to storm out of the door, when Charlie came and stood in the way, almost resulting in me knocking him over.

"His Majesty must be resting now. Please talk to him tomorrow." I glared at him through narrowed eyes. This was all systematically planned. Sneaky.

"Fine." I huffed. "I will see him tomorrow. Kindly make an appointment with him." I said sarcastically.

Charlie nodded stiffly and exited.

My gaze fell on the shiny box on my bed side. I eyed it suspiciously. As much I did not want it, there was a small part of me that was jumping up and down with excitement. I had never in my entire life received anything so expensive. The costliest thing I have ever gotten was my brush set from Shades and Strokes. They are really great and cost 200 dollars. 

Plus it was the latest iPhone! It is not even available in so many countries!

That tiny part of me was repeatedly squealing and running in circles while being sugar high on 5  packets of Skittles.

I went over and sat next to me, debating whether or not to touch it. I was afraid that once I touch it, I would never be able to part from it.

I looked up.

Wow. I am one selfish and greedy person.

I tried to distract myself, by listening to music and trying to draw, but my attention kept going back to the most expensive phone on the planet that was sitting just a meter away. 

Then I remembered that I was texting Sean.

I fished out my cracked phone and texted him back with an affirmative reply.

I went to sleep after some time, exhausted.

--------------------------------------------------

"I would like to see His Majesty. Please." I said through gritted teeth.