Chapter 10 - Helium

Song - Helium by Sia ft. David Guetta

Chapter 10 - Helium

"Miss Adams."

I ignored him.

"Miss Adams."

I ignored him again.

"Miss Adams."

"Charlie. I want you to go kill yourself." I said in as much of a deadly voice I could manage while being half asleep.

My head hurts.

"I am sorry Miss Adams, but in order to be given a justified death sentence I would have to commit a serious federal offence."

Do I detect a hint of amusement in his voice?

I groaned obnoxiously and slammed a pillow on my face. "Okay then. Can you kill me and then get killed for killing me?"

"I am sorry Miss Adams but..." He started but I started groaning again.

"Charlie? Shut up please, and leave me alone." I said as nicely as I could. "I won't be going to school today."

"Miss Adams today is a Saturday. You have no school." He said in the same monotonous voice.

Someone please kill me. My head hurts so much.

"Then for the love of God, leave me alone." I moaned.

"Miss Adams. I have a message from the Prince." Charles' voice said.

I peeked one eye open and was immediately blinded by bright light, making my head hurt even more.

"What has Zach sent me?" I moaned and buried my face into the pillow.

"Not Prince Zachary, Miss Adams. Prince Philip."

I immediately sat up.

"Who? What?" I shouted. My eyes were open, and it felt as if they were being burned.

But I ignored that.

I squinted at Charles. There was something white and green in his hands. A bouquet.

Wait. What?

"His Highness sends you these." He said, handing me the bundle of flowers.

Whaaa...

Why would that stupid jerk send me flowers?

Wait. Am I dreaming?

I pinched myself. Nope. Reality.

I looked down at the flowers. Cally lilies. My favorite.

How did he know that?

There was a small card on the top.

Miss Adams,

As you ordered in your half conscious state, I send you a bouquet of cally lilies and a bottle of aspirin so that I, and I quote, "Seem like Prince Charming, for once".

I hope that you remember our deal.

Sincerely,

Prince Philip

I turned red.

Oh my god. I asked him to send me flowers.

Way to go, Sky.

"Miss Adams, with all due respect, are you alright? You are turning awfully red by the second." He said, his monotonous voice not changing.

"I am fine." I muttered. I picked up the bottle of pills Charlie had kept next to me. I pulled out one and downed it with the water next to my bed.