Chapter 2 - ....Ready For It?

I broke out of my thoughts as my stomach growled.

"Stinger? Can we stop at a drive thru or something? I haven't had a bite since morning." I said cautiously.

"Well, the next drive thru is after 2 hours. We are in a deserted area right now. You can have..." There was some rummaging, and he pulled out an aluminium packet. "...this."

I looked at it suspiciously. Maybe it was Benny's poop wrapped up. 

"What is that?" I asked.

"That's a tuna sandwich." He shrugged.

I was surprised at his answer.

I took the packet from him, and quickly opened it, and was about to bite in when he continued, "...has been sitting here for a week or so. Its my favourite. It has loads of onions, my homemade soy sauce, some Dorito dip, tuna, and my special ingredient ---- my spicy curry." He actually looked proud.

I finally looked down at the sandwitch in my hand, repulsed. I silently put in the corner. "Well since its your favourite, I am not gonna eat it." I said, putting on a fake smile. " I think I can wait till the next drive thru."

"Aww, shucks. Thanks." He smiled goofily at me through the rearview mirror.

I fell back in my pile of hay, and pulled out my phone, earphones and the couple of chocolate bars I had shoved in my bag.

I put on some music, popped open a chocolate bar and took a bite. I instantly felt better.

As One Republic burst into my ears, my mind drifted over to Mrs. Swan. Don't ask me why. It just did.

I still remember the day she hired me.

I was about turn 17, and had recently shifted to downtown L.A., with my sister. I was still looking for something to spend my time doing, and wanted to plunge into the world of my colours and art again. My days were going by monotonously, lifelessly, and devoid of any colour.

Wake up. School. Home. Eat. Sleep.

That's all it was at first.

The school art classes would be my only true freedom, and that would be the best time of my day.

But finally fed up with my monotonously life, I decided to try something stupid, risky, and fun. I had grabbed my jacket, and headed to the nearest Target, and picked up some supplies and headed over to the slightly deserted part of town.

I had gotten out of my car with my bag, and roamed around until I finally found what I was looking for. It was right there, inside the alley.

A large untouched wall.

That's right. I was gonna make some graffiti.

I wanted to be a street artist.

That day I was very conflicted. I felt that I hated the entire world. I hated that people didn't appreciate art as much as they should.

I hated that I was bullied at school. I hated that they thought that I was a nerd and a weirdo. I hated that they saw me as an outcast and someone who didn't have any friends. They thought that I deserved to be unpopular. They branded me as the school "nobody". I hated that they saw as a mere stereotype.

Plus all that stuff going on because of Dad. I hated that I couldn't find what I wanted - independence.

After sometime, I finally decided what I wanted to make. I picked up the paints, and the spray cans, tied a piece of cloth around my mouth and nose, and set to work.