Chapter Six

"Nothing can keep us apart."
••••••
Derek got out of the car, getting Crimson out from behind him and walking to the passenger side. He placed Crimson on the ground and opened the back door, getting Scarlett out before opening Stiles' door. "Do you need help getting out?" Derek asked, even though he wanted to hold him in his arms, not allowing him to use his own legs at all until he healed completely.

"No," Stiles said, smiling at Derek. "I got it." He slowly pulled himself out of the car, obviously in pain.

"Yeah no," Derek said, putting his body underneath Stiles' arm and pulling him up the rest of the way. "I want you to stay right here, I'm going to put the twins inside and I'm going to come back for you."

"Derek, I'm fine," Stiles said, giving him another smile. Derek shook his head, picking up the two car seats.

"No other options, stay right there or else," Derek said, tightening his jaw.

"Or else what?" Stiles asked, rolling his eyes at the smirk Derek gave him. Derek nodded his head when Stiles finally sighed in defeat and started walking towards the house, looking over his shoulder to double check that Stiles has stayed put. Stiles stood there, pressed up against the car with his arms crossed, giving Derek one of his pouting looks, Derek blew him a kiss. As he got closer to the door, the twins started to get fussy. Derek gave them a questionable look, then flashed a look to Stiles who shrugged.

"It's ok guys, you'll be fed once we get inside," Derek said, placing Scarlett down to get his keys out of his pocket. Once the door was unlocked, he opened the door just enough that he could kick it open once he picked the car seat back up. As soon as Derek opened the door, the twins were practically screaming, and Derek saw why.

The house seemed dark, even though none of the windows were covered. It was like the outside was dark. "Stiles?!" Derek yelled, his wolf taking over to protect his kids.

Stiles ran in, ignoring the pain. As he stepped in, a blue glow started to form in front of Derek. Stiles looked at Derek who has already transformed, sighing. "It's ok babe. It's a messenger."

"It's a what?!" Derek growled behind fangs, his red eyes shining. The twins seemed to have calmed down just as a woman appeared, her white dress and long dark brown hair seemed to float as if she was underwater. This woman looked a little different than the other messengers Stiles has seen, her hair was so much darker, her dress so much whiter.

Stiles stepped in front of Derek, who still hasn't calmed his wolf. He put his palm on his chest, pushing him backwards while smiling at the messenger, "hi there. If you're here to tell me I'm having another baby, please don't."

The messenger gave him a smile, which sent chills down his spin. His wolf felt like something wasn't right. "No my dear," she said, her voice sounding like she was underwater. "I've come because there is something that needs to happen."

Before Stiles could ask, the messenger raised her hand and softly blew. A liquid like dust came from her palm, seeming to go around the room like a river. "What is this?" Stiles said, him and Derek followed it with their eyes.

"I'm sorry Stiles and Derek. May your spirits find each other," she said, starting to disappear as the stream came closer to the two. It forked right before them, rushing into their faces.

The liquid went into their nose and mouth, making panic kick in. Before they knew it, they both dropped to the ground, out cold. The twins cried and cried, not understanding what was going on.

••••••

Derek woke up next to his partner. They were both naked, because they just had sex the night before and they didn't see a reason to put clothes on afterwards. He slowly crawled out of bed, not wanting to wake the sleeping bed mate.

"Where are you going?" The bump of sheets called out, sleep in it's voice.

"Just going to get some water, go back to bed," Derek said, patting the sheets as he got up and walked out into his New York pent house, not caring that he is completely naked in front of the uncovered windows, since he's on the 70th floor.

Ever since he left Beacon Hill his life has gotten so much better. He left his pack to be under the control of his uncle, Peter, and he moved to the other side of the country with the love of his life.

He hasn't had to worry about anything, his wolf hasn't came out for over three months, which is a new record for Derek. He walked into the huge kitchen, grabbing a glass out of the deep crimson colored cupboard before walking to the stainless steel fridge, pressing his glass onto the pressure sensor.

While his glass was filling up with refreshing ice cold water, his phone rang from the bedroom. He raised an eyebrow when the ring stopped and a sleepy "Hello?" Came from the doorway. "Derek! It's your uncle!"

"Oh god," Derek sighed, placing his glass down on the black marble countertop and rushed into the bedroom, grabbing his phone. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"I over heard the alpha pack talking about attack Beacon Hills High School. Half our pack are high school students, I don't know who's stupid idea was that," Peter said. Derek could literally hear the eye roll in his voice.

"What do you want me to do about it? Stop it. You're the alpha," Derek said, sitting on the bed and accepting the back scratching that his partner offered.

"You know, I would. But unfortunately due to some circumstances, it seems that my leg has a HUGE ARROW IN IT," Peter said, yelling into the phone for the last four words. "I overheard them saying they were going to attack the school BECAUSE they came to my house first and attacked me. The arrow is laced with wolfsbane. Hence why I'm calling you."

Derek sighed, nodding. "Ok. I'm on my way now." He hung up the phone and fell onto his pillow. "Jennifer; we're going back to Beacon Hills."

••••••

Stiles woke up in his bed, swinging his arm to the bedside table to turn off his alarm. 5:30 am. He sighed as he petted his black cat. "Can't we just sleep in Scar?"

The black cat meowed before stretching it's front legs out. "Yeah I didn't think so," he said, pulling his blue plaid sheets off him once the cat moved.

"Stiles?!"

"Yeah dad, I'm up I'm up," Stiles said, shuffling his feet to the door. He walked out of his bedroom and went downstairs, meeting his father in the kitchen and grabbed a coffee cup.

"Stiles... You know what coffee does to you," John said, taking the coffee cup away from him, replacing it with a cup of orange juice. Stiles sighed, drinking the orange juice as he walked to the fridge. He grabbed the pizza box, earning another sigh from his dad. "Stiles."

Stiles groaned, " I know I know. I just wanted to see if I'd get away from it."

"Yeah, good try," John said, walking to the table and picking up a newspaper. Stiles grabbed a bowl and opened the cupboard, taking out a box of Cap'N Church. Stiles sat down next to his dad, starting to eat.

"So, any cases today?" Stiles asked with a mouth full.

"You know I can't tell you that," John said, looking at his son who nodded. "Just wanted to see if you can get away with it?"

Stiles nodded, chuckling. John smiled, kicking his son.

"You're gonna be late for school, you better start getting ready," John said. Stiles nodded, finishing his bowl before rushing to his room. Stiles pulled on a random shirt from the floor, smelling it first to make sure it was clean. He slid on jeans before walking out, making sure he grabbed his keys.

Stiles pulled up to Scott's house, beeping the horn. Scott ran out, backpack in hand. "They there."

"Hey Sty," Scott said, jumping into Stiles' Jeep. They rode to school, talking about random things before arriving to school. They both sighed when they looked at their school, not wanting to go in.