Chapter Seven

Hey guys! So just a little FYI, Derek's story in the last chapter and part of this chapter is happening about four hours before Stiles'. So Derek got the call from Peter around two am, but Stiles' story starts at 5:30am. I hope that doesn't make it confusing, even though you're probably already confused on what's happening. Well, I'm not going to tell you, you're going to have to just wait and see! Ok! Enjoy!

"I can't find you."

••••••

"We're what? It's literally two am," Jennifer said, looking at Derek who cursed under his breath as he got up, putting clothes on. Jennifer watched as he pulled his jeans over his member. "Seriously, how can you wear jeans with that?"

"We don't have time to worry about that," Derek said, although he couldn't help but to smirk and wink at his mate, who bit her lip. "We have to, now. Apparently, Peter has been attacked by the Alpha pack and now they are going to attack the high school."

Jennifer sat up straight, allowing the sheets fall off her, revealing her bare breasts. Derek looked at them, biting his lip. He shook his head, no time for that now. "But half of our pack is in the high school..."

"Yeah, I know," Derek said, sighing at his poor decision. It seemed like a good idea at the time, they were young, strong. Derek grabbed a plain black v-neck and pulled his leather jacket on, grabbing his keys. "You coming or not?"

Jennifer nodded, standing up. She walked over to in front of Derek, making sure to take her time bending over to grab her pants. She smirked when she looked at Derek's facial expression. "Just remember, you're the one that wants me to put clothes on."

"Yeah yeah, I'm hating myself more as every second passes," Derek said, leaning in to place a long, passionate kiss on her lips before pulling away. "I'm going to finish my water, we'll set off after you're done getting dressed." 

"Do we have to run? Can't we take the Camaro?" Jennifer asked, even though she knew the answer that was going to come out of Derek's mouth.

Derek gave her a da fuck look, "we have about five hours before that school is going to fill up. Do you really think we can get to California in five hours by driving?" 

"I mean... You drive fast..." Jennifer said, pulling on a tank top. 

Derek sighed, walking towards her. "It's a day and a half drive, we won't make it. Even with our super speed, it's going to take us at least five hours to get there. We'll be getting there just as the students are arriving."

Jennifer nodded, kissing Derek before allowing him to leave the room and finish his water.

••••••

Stiles and Scott walked into the building, leaving their freedom behind for eight hours. As they passed people in the hallway, they all smiled and high-fived both of them for the big win they pulled off last night. Stiles' life revolves around lacrosse, it's the only thing he really cares about.

Jackson caught up to them, putting an arm around both of their necks, "hey fellas."

Stiles smiled at Jackson while Scott just nodded, "hi Jackson!" Stiles said. He has extreme respect for Jackson, he could never do anything wrong. Jackson was the captain of the Beacon Hills High lacrosse team, and Stiles was the assistant captain. The two were pretty close, closer than Stiles and Scott to be honest.

The three of them arrived at their lockers, where Allison and Lydia waited to greet them. "Hey babe," Lydia said, pecking Stiles on the lips before moving out of the way to allow him to get into his locker. Stiles, Scott, and Jackson all had a locker next to each other because Jackson bribed three freshmen for their lockers. They said that Jackson didn't give them a choice, but Jackson would give anyone a choice on anything; so Stiles didn't believe that at all. "So babes, what a great game you guys pulled off last night! You are so hot in your uniform."

Stiles smirked, leaning in for a kiss. Jackson rolled his eyes as he looked away, not wanting to witness them attempting to swallow each other in front of him. A big bang came from down the hall, followed by some screams and a riot of students trying to get away. Stiles grabbed Lydia, not knowing what to do. He ran the other way, pulling her behind him.

A man slammed the hallway door in front of them open, their only exit. The other door opened too but Stiles didn't see anyone opening it, which was odd. Lydia gasped. "Oh my god..."

"What?" Stiles asked, half wanting to run but for some reason, he and Lydia stood still.

"That's Peter and Derek Hale..." Lydia said. Stiles gave her a questionable. Was she assuming that he knew who they were? Also, there was only one guy there.

"What are you talking about, there's only one guy there," Stiles said, looking towards the mysterious man. His eyes seemed to be a tone of red, which partly scared Stiles, but also made him extremely curious. Stiles' eyes fogged over when he looked around the man, looking for the other person Lydia was talking about, but he didn't see anyone else.

"What? There's two of them, one with a white t-shirt and some god awful jeans, and a hotty with a black leather designer jacket. He definitely has a big wallet," Lydia said, biting her lip.

Derek looked at the alone red-headed girl, raising an eyebrow at how she talked to herself and bit her lip at him. His eyes fogged over when he looked around the girl, seeing if there was anyone around her that she could possibly be talking to.

"EVERYONE OUT," Peter said, making everyone rush to the exits, but Stiles and Lydia couldn't. Someone was holding their necks, something sharp at their heads. Panic started to set in with both of them, not knowing what was going on. "Let them go..."

"Them?" Derek asked quietly, his wolf slowly starting to wake up. No way he was going to allow this werewolf to hurt this girl. He found it odd that the other one just stood there with his arm out like his twin brother, but he wasn't holding anyone. "There's only one girl there..."