Chapter Ten

"I just found you, don't leave me."

••••••

"Oh shit..." the woman said under her breath. She headed towards a window as the other two guys escaped the house. Derek, along with Peter and Jennifer, rushed into the house fully wolfed out. Except for Peter, who was not full-alpha, but still humanistic.

"Guys?!" Erica yelled, running up the stairs to the unconscious Stiles and Lydia. Derek rushed up with her and saw that Erica was bent over, with her arms out, holding nothing. He went to Lydia and checked a pulse, "she's still alive, but hardly. We need to get her help."

"Yeah, and his heart is barely beating, it's bad," Erica said.

"Who?" Derek asked, confused. He looked at where she had her arms, and his eyes fogged over.

"Seriously what are you tal- Oh my god..." Erica said, looking at Derek. "Your eyes..."

Derek looked at Erica, and they turned back to normal. "What?"

"Wait, look back down at hi-or, down here," Erica said, moving her hand over Stiles. Derek looked back, and his eyes fogged over again. "They're... They're fogging over. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why are you wasting time Erica, she's going to die." Derek said, reaching down and picking Lydia up.

"They're both going to die," Erica said, standing up. "Honestly, I don't think there is much we can do to help them. We can't take them to the hospital, how are we going to explain them having claw marks on their faces? Look, I don't want to see them dying more than the next girl, but we just ca-" As she was talking, Derek's jaw tightened and it seemed like he was punched in the chest. "What is it?"

Derek couldn't speak, what was happening in front of his eyes was too mind-blowing for him to even try to start explaining it. He was appearing in front of Erica, the same he that everyone has been talking about but never answering his questions on who he was. In front of the blood covered Erica, laid a bloody boy, unconscious. Everything started to come back to him in floods of emotion, he knew who he was, he felt something for him. "Wha- S-Stiles...?"

Erica watched as Derek broke down, falling to his knees and moving closer to the two of them. Derek took Stiles into his arms, not feeling the soft beat of the human heart. Tears filled his eyes as the realization hit him like a ton of bricks on fire on top of a semi truck going 500mph. He sprung into attention, not knowing or caring what he was doing. He showed up in front of the hospital before Erica even realized he had left.

"HE-ELP!" He roared as he kicked in the hospital doors, making them fall to the ground. His voice cracked and his plea echoed through the whole building. Numbers of first responders rushed to him, almost hitting Derek with the gurney. So many people were talking to Derek, he couldn't understand a thing anyone was saying. "He needs help, he's dying. He doesn't have a heartbeat."

Stiles was rushed into the hallways of the hospital, Derek close behind mumbling things to people who asked questions. Rushes of anger and fear flooded Derek's mind and body, his eyes becoming the deep tint of red, the color that they haven't turned since he gave the title of Alpha to his uncle so he can get away from this city. Peter showed up behind him, not understanding what he's doing.

"Why did you take this boy to the hospital??? How are you going to explain this?? And put those eyes away before someone sees," Peter said, following the crowd with Derek. Derek didn't say anything, and Peter put a hand on his shoulder, "nephew..."

Derek's jaw twitched and he turned around and shoved Peter so hard that he flew to the other side of the hospital, causing everyone in his path to scream and try, some failing, to get out of the way before they were hit. When Peter hit the brick wall, breaking quite a few of them, he got up and growled, "DEREK!"

Everyone besides the people rushing Stiles away scurried quickly out of the hallway and out of the building, not knowing what to do other than run for their lives. Derek stood his ground on the other side of the hospital, letting them take Stiles away, but always listening on where they were. "I'm. Not. In. The. Mood. Uncle." Derek spits out from behind fangs. Rage was radiating off of him, visibly steaming off his skin.

"I don't care what mood you're in," Peter said, his voice low and starting to show signs of anger. "You're not going to expose us over some stupid. Little. Human."

That was it, Derek's wolf took over and he transformed as he made his way to his uncle, covering many feet in a matter of milliseconds. He shoved his body into him, causing Peter to go flying back, passing through the bricks which went flying every way possible. "Take. That. Back."

"Take what back? That the boy is only a stupid little human? Oops, said it again. Come get 'em," Peter said as he was standing up, motioning Derek towards him. As Derek moved, Peter transformed and shoved his shoulder into Derek's chest, causing him to go flying back through the hole in the wall and towards the other side of the hospital, but he caught his ground and dug his claws into the floors, causing a high pitch noise to ring through the walls. Peter showed up in front of the kneeling Derek. "Now, can you calm down before you cause more damage? Because we can't afford to fix it."

Derek took deep breaths, "take. it. back." Derek said, softer this time. Peter sighed.

"Alright, I can see that this stu- human means something to you, even though just a few hours ago you didn't seem to even see him at all," Peter said, seeing how him saying that caused Derek to calm down a lot, but steam was still coming out of his torn shirt. "Now. Since you choose to take him to a hospital, what are you going to do? Because what they're going to find about the boy is going to be something they never saw before and they will have questions. How are you going to example the claw marks? The venom?"

"I don't know... I wasn't thinking... It's all really confusing... It feels like I know him, but I don't..." Derek said, not knowing how to explain how he knew him. He slowly stood up straight, "we need to get him out."

"Yeah but how?" Peter asked, looking around. There were nurses and staff members all hidden behind anything that would get them out of the way, they were all looking at both of them in terror. "We need to get somewhere more... Private."

Derek looked at the scared people and nodded. They both walked down the hall and as they passed another group of people, Derek mumbled a "we'll pay for that." As he pointed back to the hole in the wall.