Chapter Thirteen

"Come back to me, baby," Stiles said, shaking Derek awake. Derek slowly opened his tear shut eyes, blinking away the crust. "Why are you laying on the floor baby?"

Derek looked up at the naked Stiles kneeling over him. He took his beautiful boyfriend's body in, loving what he was seeing. He tried to speak, but he couldn't. He tried to move, but he couldn't do that either. All he could do is move his eyes and look at Stiles.

"Don't you love me, baby?" Stiles asked, tears running down his face. "Why don't you love me, baby? Am I not good enough for you baby? I try to be good baby. I really do baby."

Derek tried to speak, tried to tell him how much he loved him, but nothing came out of his unmoving mouth. A black figure with a red sword formed from behind Stiles, but it seemed like only Derek could see it. He tried to warn Stiles, tried to scream, tried to do anything to signal to him that there was danger behind him. But he couldn't move. The black figure stepped closer.

"Why don't you love me, baby? What did I do to make you hate me, baby? I've tried everything for you to love me, baby. I've loved you with all my heart, baby. And it was never good enough, was it, baby?" Stiles said, tears of blood falling from his eyes. The figure grew closer until it was directly behind Stiles. Blood started to run down Stiles' face; out of his eyes, his nose, out of his mouth. Blood ran down his neck as it flowed from his ears, but he didn't seem to notice. He talked, his voice muffled from the blood. "Why don't you love me, baby?"

The figure drew the sword back, preparing to stab Stiles. Stiles didn't notice. Derek screamed inside his mind, trying to let Stiles know, trying to move to get him out of the way, trying to warn him. There was no use.

"Why don't you love me, ba-" Stiles started, but the figure jabbed the sword into him, it stabbing through his torso and stabbing Derek as well. Blood pooled out of Stiles' stomach, covering Derek. Stiles looked down at the sword, then back at Derek. "Why didn't you protect me, baby?"

The sword was ripped out of Stiles and he fell dead onto Derek's paralyzed, bleeding body.

Derek woke up screaming, his lungs burned from never screaming like this before. Erica was to his side, putting her hands on his chest. "Derek it's ok."

"Where is he?! Where's Stiles?! I'm so sorry I didn't protect you, baby..." Derek said, sitting up. Hot tears flowed from his eyes, soaking his shirt.

"Derek... Stiles is dead... You killed him..." Scott said from the corner of the room. Derek didn't hear the ending to what he said, because he was too busy looking for Stiles. They were the living room, but Isaac, Melissa, and Allison were missing. So was Stiles.

"No he is not dead. There's no way he could be dead, where is he," Derek stood up. His wolf told him something was off, but he couldn't quite pinpoint it. He started to huff angrily, "where. Is. He."

"Derek," a female voice sounded out, causing Derek's ears to jump. He turned, and who he saw made him step back. "Everything is ok. Everything will be ok."

Standing in the doorway of the kitchen, stood a beautiful woman with shoulder length brown hair. Her face resembled Derek's, with the strong facial features that somehow looked soft and welcoming.

"M-mom?" Derek asked, putting a hand on his stomach. Suddenly, there was a smell of smoke and flames swallowed the walls. Everyone was gone besides him and his mom. "Mom we have to get out of here!"

"Everything will be ok," Talia said, flames forming at her feet. Derek went to go to her, but his feet were nailed to the ground. "It'll be ok, baby."

Once she said the word baby, her appearance changed and the naked, bloody Stiles stood in her place, blood streaming from a hole in his stomach. "Stiles..."

"You didn't protect me, baby," Stiles said, not seeming to hear him. Derek shook his head, getting a headache at how frustrating it was for Stiles not to understand how much he loved him.

"I tried to, I really did try. I was too busy with the ones that came in through the nursery, and I didn't know you were stabbed. I'm so sorry baby, I'm so sorry," Derek said, falling to his knees. Stiles fell to his knees also, the flames over his shoulders.

"I loved you, baby," Stiles said. The same figure appeared behind Stiles, with a bigger red sword than last time. Derek shook his head, his wolf threatening but not being able to take over.

"Watch out behind you!" Derek yelled, but there was no use. Stiles looked into Derek's eyes as the figure swung the sword. Stiles' head fell to the ground and rolled to Derek, hitting his knees face first. Derek could barely see from all the tears falling as he reached down and grabbed Stiles' head. "I'm so sorry baby..."

Derek jolted forward, hyperventilating. Everyone was in the room, including Stiles who laid on the floor; his head propped up on a pillow. Melissa was patching him up, and Derek realized that his eyes were barely open. He hurried over and grabbed his hand, squeezing it. "Is this another nightmare?"

"No," Stiles said, weakly. "I'm back, baby. You can't get rid of me that easy."

Derek shook his head, tears falling down his cheeks. "We need to figure out something else for you to call me. I can't hear you say baby one more time." Derek chuckled at Stiles' weak, confused expression on his face. He leaned down and placed a hard, passionate kiss on his lips. "Don't ever think I don't love you."

"Why would I think that?" Stiles asked, smiling from the kiss. Derek shook his head again and kissed Stiles' neck before putting his forehead against him, touching nose to nose. "I love you too."