Chapter Eleven

"Now I'll never have you."

••••••

"Stiles?!" Melissa yelled, rushing up to the unconscious boy. "What happened to him?! Who brought him in here?! SOMEONE ANSWER ME!"

"I did," Derek said as Peter walked in beside him. "And unfortunately, I'm going to have to take him back out."

"What are you talking about?! Who are you?! You're not taking Stiles out of this hospital until I can figure out who you are and also figure out if he's going to be ok." Melissa said, putting an arm over Stiles' still body protectively.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but my assistant here didn't mean to bring this boy to the hospital. See, I'm a doctor and he is my patient, this all is just a huge misunderstanding. If you'd excuse me, I'd like to take my patient to my office now," Peter said, stepping forward.

Melissa stepped in between Stiles and Peter, making her look as big as she could, "over my dead cold body."

"You see," Peter said, making a face that made Melissa extremely uncomfortable, "even though that sounds great, and since you gave consent the council couldn't hold me against it, but right now I'm just focused on getting this stu- my patient, out of this hospital before its too late to save his life. So, if you'd excuse me again."

Melissa glared at this stranger, her momma bear instincts telling her that this man wasn't who, or what, he says he is. "Look. I don't know what you just said about some council or whatever, but this boy is particularly my son. He's always at my house, even when it's not necessarily wanted, but he's still my son. I've known him all of my life. So if you think that I'm going to-"

Melissa stopped, all of her attention was drawn to the door, where a woman walked in and demanded all the attention in the room. Her eyes started to glow an erie shade of blue. Then she started to... Sing? It was very faint, if Melissa wasn't investing so much attention in this woman she would have probably not heard it. She was mesmerized, not being able to look away from this woman, still in a protective stance in front of Stiles. Peter and Derek took this opportunity to pick Stiles up and leave the room, no one realizing what they have done.

When Jennifer slowly backed out of the room, still singing her trace, everyone went back to normal, but they couldn't remember why they were there. Melissa looked around and saw blood, but she didn't know why or whose blood this was. She looked at the people in the room, "well... Clean it up. We can't have blood everywhere."

"Thanks Jennifer," Derek said as the three of them rushed out of the hospital, being unseen by everyone who was trying to go back to normal after what just happened. As Peter ran past the front counter, he left enough to fix the damages... In cash.

"No problem babe," Jennifer said, making Derek twitch. He wasn't really curtain why that felt weird for her to call him that, and he isn't yet positive on how he knows this boy. He just knows that he does and he knows he feels powerful emotions towards him. They showed up at the Hale house and entered, Lydia was laying on one of two metal tables in the living room. Derek placed Stiles down on the other.

"She's dead..." Erica said in the corner, "Lydia... She's dead. There's no bringing her back."

Derek nodded, a lump forming in his throat. He honestly hated when humans died, they don't deserve to die because of the supernatural. "Peter, change him. He's still alive, one of the good things the hospital did."

"Change him? A random human?" Peter said, "why would you want to do that?"

"Because he's dying and we can't take him to the hospital again can we? What else do we do? Wait for him to die too?" The knot got bigger when he thought about Stiles dying.

"Yes." Peter said, no emotion on his face. "That's exactly what we do. We can't change a random human into a werewolf just because your emotions are taking over you. Well hear me out nephew, my emotions aren't overtaking me, and I'm saying that we aren't turning him. This is my pack, and I'm not allowing any more little high schoolers into it, we have enough of those."

Derek wanted to kill Peter. Right there and then. He wanted to cut his throat out with his teeth. But a thought came to him. His eyes turned red at the hospital... And that could only mean... Derek took Stiles' arm and bit into it, giving him the bite. Nothing happened, so he bit into him again. And again. And again... After a while Stiles' body was completely covered in bite marks, but nothing happened. Derek fell to his knees. He felt destroyed, helpless.

Jennifer walked up to her partner, placing a hand on his shoulder, "Derek that's enough, he's gone."

Derek was crushed, he wasn't even sure why he was crushed but he was. All of his feelings were off center. Everything in him was telling him to push Jennifer away, that she wasn't his true mate. Nothing made sense and he had to get out of there. Derek stood up fast and ran out of the house. Peter rolled his eyes, "there he goes again with the running."

"Derek!" Jennifer yelled, but it was no use. He was gone. Jennifer sighed, looking down at the two dead bodies. "Well, let's bury them."

••••••

Derek stopped running, his breath catching up to him. He walked into the building and went to the elevators, clicking the number 70. Once the elevator closed, the tears started to flow. He wasn't sure why the tears were coming, and he couldn't help them. It felt like all of his emotions all jumped into the same pool and started swimming in the same direction, causing a whirlpool of feelings to come out all at once. When he got to his penthouse, he tore off his clothes.

Derek walked into his room and jumped onto his bed, the smell of Jennifer fresh on its sheets. He laid there, fully naked, and letting the tears flow onto the sheets. He was a hot mess, and he didn't know what to do to fix it.