Chapter 7

*Everest's POV*

I watched as Marshall slowly turned his head towards the two pups that lay at my stomach. His expression softened when he saw them. Both tiny, both with closed eyes, both with a thick coat of fur like me but both white with black spots like him. I smiled up at him as he watched them in amazement.
"Look what we did." I whispered, kissing him lightly on the cheek. We watched the two pups as they stopped feeding and snuggled into me, falling asleep.
"Can I let the others in to see you?" Lexi asked softly. I'd completely forgotten that she was here! We turned to her and nodded in sync. She tip toed to the door and opened it, making sure that the other pups were quiet. Seeing as Blue, Rubble and Zaidy weren't there, I guessed that they were outside.
"I thought I'd keep Blue away, he gets a bit hyped up sometimes." Skye explained. I smiled at her.
"Thanks Skye."
"Aww look at them." She cooed. "They're so cute. I can't wait to have pups now." Chase looked terrified, making me laugh.
"They look just like mini Marshall's." Rocky said.
"Poor things." Chase smirked at his friend, earning a slap from Skye.
"What're you gonna call them?" The mix asked.
"Hmm." Me and Marshall looked at each other and thought. "Well for a boy I thought Samson is a nice name." I offered. We thought about how the name sounded and Marshall nodded in agreement. "Sounds good."
"Then for a girl..." I looked at Rocky then back to my mate, beckoning him towards me so I could whisper in his ear. He smiled as I explained my idea and nodded. "If Rocky's cool with it." The grey pup looked taken aback as Chase, Skye and Zuma looked at him.
"Well seeing as she helped save us when we were in trouble, she saved these two. So I was wondering if you would be ok with us naming the girl Aiyana, after your sister."
Rocky just looked at us as if we were mad. That could've been taken in a good or bad way.
"You didn't have to ask my permission." He smiled.
"So that's a yes then?" Marshall asked.
The grey pup nodded and the rest of us smiled and continued watching the twins sleep for a while. Lexi looked at the clock and went to order some food for dinner, the others followed her and argued about what it would be. I turned to my mate.
"Do you think we'll do good?"
He smiled down and me and our pups. "I think we'll do great."