Chapter 41

*Skye's POV*

It was around twelve pm. I lay beside Chase, wide awake as he gently snored, his paws wrapped around me. Well, as far as they would go, these pups were a week overdue and I was getting very irritable. I looked across the room to where Blue and the pups used to sleep. I missed having them in here but I knew they were safe in their rooms. Besides, we needed space for the new pups when they decided to show. I heard the sound of small paws across the hall floor and the creak as our door opened.
"Mama? Papa?" I heard a small voice and smiled. Only one of the girls called him that.
"Hey Maggie." I whispered as she slowly walked over. She hopped up and carefully lay down next to me.
"What's wrong sweetie?"
"I had a bad dream."
"What about?"
"A mean pup at school. He picked on me today." As harsh as it sounds, I wasn't too surprised. Maggie was the runt of the litter, not that it made any difference to us but we knew that her size was against her when it came to other pups sometimes.
"Why didn't your teacher tell Auntie Everest about it?" I nuzzled my little girl gently.
"Blue looked after me. Just like you said he would." Her eyes gleamed and she perked up, wagging her tail as she spoke of her favourite brother. I smiled.
"I did say that. Don't worry Maggie, Blue will look out for you at school so you have nothing to worry about. Okay sweetheart?"
"Okay Mama." She yipped quietly.
"Come on, let's get you back into bed." I groaned as I stood up, making Chase stir a little before rolling over and snoring again.

I walked her back to the girls room, tucked her in and kissed her goodnight. As I closed the door and began my short treck back down the hall, my legs buckled and stomach felt a sharp searing pain, making me cry out a little. Before I could get up, I felt the laminate floor beneath me become wet.
"Oh no." I panted. Now I had to get to Chase but I had to get someone fast. The closest room to me was Rocky and Zuma's. Knowing that Rocky would hear me, I crawled my way to the door and scratched it.
"Come on, Come on." I muttered, wincing in pain. Finally, the door opened and there stood the grey mixed breed who had left his bed that now held his mate and their adopted pup.
"Hey Skye. What's up?" He yawned.
"Not to cause alarm by the pups are coming. Get Lexi. Get Chase and hurry!" I Said, grunting in pain once again. His eyes widened and quick as a flash, he bolted down the hall.
"Be careful, the floor's..." I started before hearing a crash. "...wet."