Chapter 28

*Ryder's POV*

Oh my cousin is so gonna get it. It had been a few days since she'd pulled my own prank on me and I had done nothing but now I was going old school. The classic whoopie cushion under the seat cushion. It was foolproof! She was expecting some genius plan but no. Not today. It's back to basics.

Said cousin was in the kitchen preparing dinner for us all, Rocky by her side and lending a paw. It was kinda their thing as mother and son. Occasionally Chase would help out but now he was helping Skye out their pups to bed. That was a days work in itself recently. They both returned to the room looking exhausted. Luckily, they didn't see me set up my prank so I casually sat on the sofa and watched TV with Zaidy and Rubble. After a few minutes, we smelled the wonderful scent of Lexi's chicken curry and most of the pups started drooling.
"Okay guys! Foods done - wash your hands and paws!" Me and the others ran to the bathrooms and cleaned up. I was the last one to return and noticed that Lexi was sat on her seat. 'Damn! I missed it!' I walked to the other side of the table and noticed that everyone; Lexi, Austin, Katie, the pups - everyone, was smirking. I watched them cautiously as I sat down and soon regretted not checking my chair. There was the sound I had been longing to hear but not under these circumstances. I glared at my cousin as her and the others laughed hysterically.
"How did you-?"
"One thing. You pulled a Chase." She smiled, the others seemed to get it but I was clueless. She saw my expression and walked over to me with her phone. She showed me a picture and I face-palmed.
"Forgot to hide the tail." I groaned.
"Just give up Couz." She laughed.
"One day. One day I'll beat you." I said eating a mouthful of curry and holding eye contact with the blonde girl. As something that felt particularly like a small round vegetable hit my tastebuds, I cringed. Lexi noticed this and smiled innocently at me. I reluctantly swallowed.
"Really you put sprouts in the curry?"
"Well just yours. But it wasn't my idea." She shrugged.
I looked at the grinning mixed breed. "Rocky!"
He whined and leaned into Zuma.
"Okay okay. I accept defeat. For now."