Chapter 11

*marshall's POV*

Me and Everest has just put the twins to bed when Chase and Skye came running into the lookout. They looked terrified.
"What's wrong?" Everest asked, noticing the expression on their faces.
"Blue's run away." Skye whimpered.
"I thought he went with Zuma?" As if on cue, the lab walked into the lookout.
"Chase, Skye, whewe's Blue?" He tilted his head to the side.
"He's run away." Chase hung his head. "You guys have to help us look for him."
"Of couwse. Wocky! Get in hewe!" All the pups were gathered around in a few minutes.
"Ok we'll have to split up and search all over the town. He could've gone anywhere. Keep in touch through our puptags but go on foot, if he hears our vehicles he might hide away."
"I'm checking the beach." Skye stated. Chase looked down at her.
"Skye, I don't want you running here there and everywhere. You're staying put with Everest."
"But-"
"No buts. Stay put, ok?" Skye looked ready to argue but Chase gave his pleading eyes making her cave in.
"Fine." Everest walked over to Skye and talked to her but none of us were really listening.
"Ok ready to go?" Chase asked. We all nodded and split up, searching the entire town.

After a few hours, there was still no sign of Blue. Everest had called us, telling us that Skye was getting really worked up and asked how she could calm her down. It wouldn't be good for her if she got herself too stressed, especially now that she's having pups - Chase told me earlier. I got to the very edge of town and saw three stray dogs surrounding a small grey pup. It didn't take a genius to know it was Blue. I raced forward and stood in front of the grey pup, growling at the other three.
"Back off guys! He's with me." The dogs scarpered and I turned to Blue who was about to take off again.
"Oh no you don't." I stood in front of him again. "Blue your parents are worried sick about you! What were you thinking?"
"My parents can't be worried about me because they don't know me!"
"What are you talking about?"
"I heard Chase say to Skye that he was gonna be a father. If they were my parents then he wouldn't have said that."
"Oh...I see." Suddenly, Chase's voice was heard from my tag.
'Any sign yet?'
Blue looked at me, scared. I pressed down on my collar and replied.
"Not yet Chase. I'll keep you posted." The pup now looked confused.
"I think we need to talk about this." I sat down next to the pup.
"So why did you run away instead of taking to Chase and Skye about it?" I asked. Judging from him using their first names earlier, I guessed I should until Blue felt like he could call them mum and dad again.
"Because they wouldn't want me. I'm not theirs, they didn't choose to have me."
"No they didn't. But they chose to keep you. Chase could've left you out in the woods but he didn't. They looked after you and treated you as their own." The pup still didn't look convinced. "I'm gonna tell you something but don't tell anyone that I told you ok?" He nodded. "There was a possibility that Samson and Aiyana weren't my pups."
"Auntie Everest cheated on you?" He tilted his head to the side.
"No," I replied, laying next to the pup. "I'll explain when you're old enough but there was a chance that the twins wouldn't be mine. Even if they weren't, I wouldn't love them any less. And that goes for Chase and Skye too. They love you no matter what."
Chase's voice came through my tag again but this time it was different. He was crying.
"M-Marsh please tell me you f-found him."
Blue pressed my tag and replied. "I'm fine dad. I'm sorry for running away. I'll see you at home." The pup looked up at me and we smiled.
"Come on." I nodded. "Let's get you home."