Chapter 20

*Skye's POV*

I lay quietly with my five pups in the living room and watched Delilah and Marshall play with the twins, Blue joining their rough and tumble games. Everest lay opposite me and we talked about the pups, specifically names. Me and Chase hadn't thought about any. I looked over to the door and saw two German Shepard's walk in the room, talking about Zeus's new job back on the police force. I was however snapped out of my daze when I heard Blue and Samson arguing about something. Even though he was younger, Marshall and Everest's son had one hell of a set of lungs in him.
"You were adopted!" He yelled at Blue.
"Samson Marshall Fredrickson!" His parents scolded.
"Well at least my parents wanted me!" Blue shot back.
"Blue Chase Marks!" Me and Chase yelled at him. The pups looked at our disapproving expressions.
"He started it!" They yelled, pointing at the other.
"We don't care who started it, we're finishing it!" Chase said firmly.
"Room." Marshall ordered, standing up onto his feet.
"But dad..."
"Now!" The two young pups walked to the bedrooms; Blue in mine and Chase's, Samson to Marshall and Everest's. Marshall and Chase exchanged an apologetic look and walked after the pups, leaving the rest of us sat awkwardly in the main room.
"I have to admit that was a good comeback." Everest laughed nervously.
"That's not the point Ev. Blue should know better." I said, slightly embarrassed.
"I know. I'm sorry about Samson."
"It's fine. We need to expect a few arguments."
"Pups will be pups." Zeus laughed, walking over. "How ya feeling Skye?" He asked, sitting down next to me, looking at his grand-pups.
"Good thank you. Very tired but hey, that's motherhood right?" I smiled.
"They are beautiful Skye." Delilah smiled.
"Thank you."
"What are you going to name them?" Lexi asked as she sat next to Aiyana with a mug of tea.
"We're not too sure. I think I'd like to name one of the girls Maggie after Chase's mother if he's happy with that but I we haven't really given it much thought." I confessed.
Chase and Marshall walked back into the room with the boys on either side of them. They sat them down on the rug, facing one another. The two sat behind their sons and looked at them expectantly. Me and Everest knew what this meant and gave a knowing smile.
"Apologise. Now." Chase said. The pit bull pup looked up and murmured some incoherent words only to be bopped lightly on the head by his father.
"I'm sorry Samson." He sighed. Marshall looked down at his own son, waiting for his response.
"Sorry Blue." The spotted pup sighed.
"That's better." Chase and Marshall said, now wandering over to join us while the pups carried on playing as if nothing happened. Chase snuggled up next to me and I felt two tiny paws try and pull themselves up over me. I looked to see a small blonde pup with pointy ears and slightly out of proportion paws sniffing in the direction of his father. I giggled and gently pulled him up where he lay on my back and pressed against Chase's side.
"I know they're small but his paws still look too big for him." I smiled.
"That's the way of the German Shepard's." Delilah laughed.
"That's true." Zeus smiled. "I think Chase was an exception because his paws were huge."
"Dad!" Chase groaned.
"They were, up until he was three months old he would trip when he ran." Lexi smiled as she recalled her memories of Chase as a pup.
"Lex!" He whined now incredibly embarrassed.
"And now my pup has pups of his own." The two said, laughing.
"You two are unbelievable." He rolled his eyes.