Part 25

*Rubble's POV*

I ran to Lexi's studio with Zaidy along side me. She had no idea that we were coming but it was nearly closing time. We knew that she had been fully booked today with fittings and stuff but we had to get her back home ASAP.
"Stop smiling! You're going to give it away!" My girlfriend scolded.
"Sorry. I'm just so excited!" I jumped on the spot before we carried on running. I leaped forward and grabbed Zaidy's collar just before she was about to run into the road. A car sped past as I held her on the pavement.
"Thanks." She smiled, licking my cheek and making me blush heavily. We looked both ways and ran across the road and into Lexi's shop.

"Bye Jive." She smiled to her last client of the day, a tricolour jack russel. The dog trotted out and Lexi smiled at us.
"Hey Lovebugs. What's up?" She smiled, turning the open sign around.
"Emergency. Home. Need you there. Now!" We panted.
"What?"
"No time to explain! Come on!" We yelled. Lexi quickly grabbed her keys, coat and bag. She locked the door behind us and we led her to the lookout as fast as our legs would carry us.

We ran up the hill and into the tall building we called home. Skye and Chase were on the ground floor with their pups, who were now three days old where it was quieter. They knew what we were up to and after we went up the elevator, I knew that they'd join us in the living room. The doors opened and we ran out. Me and Zaidy bolted and lay on the rug as if nothing was unusual.
"Ok! I'm here! What's happened?!" The blonde panicked. She looked around the room and saw me, Zaidy, all the other pups, Ryder, Katie and when her eyes landed on the back of the sofa she gasped. The nineteen year old boy that was dressed in a camouflage military uniform stood up and turned to face her.
"Hello beautiful."
"Austin!" She shrieked and ran into his arms. He lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist and arms holding him close. "I've missed you so much."
"I've missed you to Lex."
All of us smiled and looked up at them. After a few minutes silence, Shyla (I think) yelped, gaining everyone's attention. We all laughed and looked at the pup and she was nuzzled by her parents.
"Looks like I've got a lot to catch up with." Austin smiled.