Chapter 44

*Chase's POV*

"Come on Lexi! We're starving here!" I yelled from my place at the table.
"Alright. Alright. Don't get your tail in a twist." She laughed, bringing out the last of the food. She sat down and we all began eating like normal. Me and Rocky kept sneaking glances at the blonde.
"Lexi?" Rocky finally spoke up.
"Yeah Rocks." She looked at him.
The mix looked at me cautiously. I nodded.
"Why was today on your calendar marked as decision day?" Everyone else fell silent and looked at Lexi expectantly.
"Decision day? What decision?" Austin asked.
"Something big." I looked at Lexi.
"Well I guess you were going to find out sooner or later." She sighed. "I was offered a record deal."
"Lexi that's fantastic." Everest smiled.
"You always wanted to produce music professionally, now you are!" Skye yipped happily beside me.
"But," Lexi began again. "It'd mean moving to LA."
"LA?!" We all, well adult dogs, yelled.
"Yeah."
"Well we'd have to find somewhere big enough for all of us." Rubble chuckled.
"I'll call Mayor Goodway and tell her she'll need to find another rescue team." Ryder added.
"Basically we're packing tonight?" Zaidy asked. I noticed that Lexi, despite this seemingly good news, had a frown on her face and her hands in her lap, fiddling with her thumbs.
"Guys!" I yelled above the noise. Everyone fell silent and looked at me. "I don't think Lexi was done." We all looked at Lexi.
"Lex." Austin placed his hand on hers comfortingly. She sighed.
"It would just be me going. Not Austin. Not Zaidy. Not anyone else. Just me." She muttered. We all stared at her open mouthed as she continued. "I told them I'd need some time to think it over and I'd call them today to give them my answer. That's where I was earlier." She explained.
After a long silence, Marshall asked what we were all thinking.
"What did you say?"
"I said..."