Chapter 43

*Lexi's POV*

I looked at the calendar as I woke up. D-day. That's what I'd marked it as, it stood for 'decision day' in this case. Today also marked the anniversary of Aiyana's death. I was supposed to be filming a tribute video for her but my mind had been racing for weeks now. There was the sound of a scratch at my door and Chase poked his head around, bounding up onto the bed and licking my face.
"Good morning bud." I giggled.
"Good morning."
"What's got you in such a good mood?" I queried.
"Well one; the boy's started walking. And two; Rocky's hardly going to be bouncing off the walls today so I have to make up for it."
"Chase! Sympathise with him. And have the boys tripped over their feet yet? Or is that just something that happened to you?" The pups definitely had large feet, a typical German Shepherd trait, but none of them had ones the same size as Chase's when he was a pup.
"Oh ha bloody ha." He said sarcastically. The canines eyes drifted to the calendar.
"D-day? What's that?" He tilted his head to the side.
"Just had to decide something by today. Something big." I skimmed over the topic.
"You're not pregnant are you?"
"No. No definitely not." I laughed.
"Phew! There's too many living things in here."
"Well let's not forget that you're responsible for eight of those." I smirked.
"Hey don't blame me entirely! Mating is a two dog mission."
"Ew! TMI!" I groaned. "Besides there is a way you can still mate without having pups." I smirked.
"Nope. Nope. Nopity nope nope. I'm good." He chuckled nervously.

It was around three in the afternoon when I threw my pen down in frustration. I was trying to decide a song for Aiyana's tribute but out of my options I couldn't decide. And let's face it, this is hardly an occasion for a mashup. I was the only one in the room. I had my mic, white headphones and music player surrounding me, my camera on a short tripod so it could still film my upper body when I was sat in the floor. Giving up for a while, I retreated to the kitchen to get a drink, forgetting that my camera was still on. From there, I heard Zuma call me in a state of panic.
"Lexi! Lexi! Whewe's Wocky?!" He skidded into the kitchen.
"Don't worry. He went to visit his sister about an hour ago. I thought he told you."
"No. Oh god, thanks fow telling me Lex. I was weal wowwied thewe fow a second."
"Don't mention it." I smiled.

Me and the lab stayed in the kitchen and talked for a bit before I brought up my dilemma.
"Well what songs do you have to choose fwom?" He asked.
"Well theres-" I was cut off when we heard my music player start and someone starting to sing. Me and the brown dog exchanged a confused expression and walked to the door to look out. I smiled when I saw Rocky sat near my mic, looking out of the window, singing.
"When I am down, and, oh, my soul, so weary
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be."

The others appeared at the doorway to the living room and smiled at the mix who still hadn't noticed them. I hushed them and they all waited patiently. This included little Regan-Rose who watched her father eagerly.

"You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be."

At this point, there wasn't a dry eye. All of us including Ryder, Katie, Austin and me had tears in our eyes. Rocky had a few spilling from his eyes. I could hear Regan whimper a little. She hated seeing Rocky cry, even if it was no ones fault. I nodded to my family. Just as the music became stronger and Rocky took a deep breath, we all sang the song. He turned and saw us smiling at him, joining us in a tribute to his sister.

"You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be."

Regan ran to her father and buried her face in his chest. The mix smiled and nuzzled the back of her neck before finishing quietly.

"You raise me up to more than I can be."