Chapter 17

*Chase's POV*

I glanced up at Skye who was sound asleep with out daughters. Bless her. She was exhausted. My gaze dropped down to our son. Our stillborn son. My vision became blurred with tears, Lexi walked back into the room and knelt beside me.
"I'm sorry Chase." She said. I looked at her. Her eyes were red and it was clear that this had upset her as much and me and Skye.
"I just feel so useless." I sighed.
"There's nothing anyone could have done." My son. My only biological son.
Mum look after him for me.
I rested my head down next to his. I knew Lexi was right and I knew it was time to say goodbye. I nuzzled the pup tightly, my nose resting between his chin and neck.
"Sleep tight little one." I mumbled. I could hear Lexi crying quietly behind me. I turned to her and have her a hug. A few seconds into our embrace, I heard something move against the blanket. I shook it off as my imagination. The noise could be heard again. I turned and stared at the scene before me; Skye, our four girls and our stillborn boy. I saw his blonde paw twitch.
"No. No it can't be." I wandered. I stepped closer. His paw twitched again. I reached his face again. I pushed my nose gently against his and felt something cold, wet and rough against it.
"Lex. He's...he's..." I stuttered happily. She looked at me confused.
"Chase what are you-" She was cut off by a yelp from the presumed dead pup. Her hands flew to her mouth is shock and she started crying again but this time I was tears of happiness.
"Oh my god."
I reached down and cleaned the small blonde pup and gently placed him in Skye's embrace so he could feed like his sisters had done. I lay behind Skye and happily watched him.
"Thank you Maggie." Lexi whispered. "I'm gonna leave you here and tell the others the good news." She smiled. I nodded in response.
"Thanks Lexi. Or should I say nan." I smirked.
"If you even dream about it these pups will be your last." She playfully glared, making me gulp.
"Can you bring Blue in as well please?" I asked. She nodded and went off to find him. I smiled as I lay back down with my family. I kept my eyes on the blonde pup who had now cuddled up in between Skye's front paws. I think he'll be just fine.