Sticks, Stones, and Hearts

Garroth didn't move. Was it too much?
He suddenly grabbed my hand. I blushed and thanked it was still dark.
"Thank you, Louise. I don't know what I was thinking, to be honest. But you're right, we're here to have fun!" Garroth said, and pulled me into a hug. It took me a few moments to process what was happening and returned the hug.

~

"Oh, well, I'm Tronix Demiento. Nice to meet you Ein." I said, and we shook hands.
"Mind if we go someplace without the crowd, Tronix? It's kind of suffocating here." Ein asked, rubbing his arm. "Sure! My apartment isn't far. We could go there?" I asked him. He seemed nice.
"Yeah, anywhere is better than here." He said.
-
We arrived at my apartment, and sat down on the couch. Something felt eerie around here, but I ignored it.
"So, um, I hope you don't mind me asking this but, how did you lose your ears and tail?"
I hope it's not a harsh question. Ein looked at the TV, it's black screen reflecting us on it, but with a darker hue than a mirror.
"I don't have time to tell a story like that. But what I do have time for.."
Ein stopped to pull something out of his pocket. It was a small bottle with the brittle glass. It was a Splash Potion.
I had no time to react. He threw it at my feet, and as soon as I smelled the potions gas, everything was going dark.
"A new plan. I'm not losing to Aaron that easily."
I heard Ein say, then as the room was turning to pitch black, I could hear him laugh maniacally.

~

As I drank my water in my now plastic pink cup, I felt like something was going on.
"Aphmau!"
Aaron yelled. He sounded really worried, like his heart was shattering. It sounded like as if someone was dying before him.
I turned to him. "What? What happened?" I asked.
When I saw him his tail was literally between his legs. He was shaking all over. "Y- Your eyes, they were- they were green! E- Emerald, Green!"
He then ran over to me, almost stumbling. He hugged me as he fell to his knees.
"Don't do that. Please." He said. I hugged him back.