An Angel's World (Logicality)

Logan was a smart young man. He was the son of a wealthy business man, and was in line to succeed the company if he wanted to. That was just the problem; he was unsure if he truly wanted to.

When he was younger, the future seemed so clear; but the more and more he learned about the world around him, the further he strayed from his obvious fate. He was a man of intrigue, and science. He wished to understand the world better, and to discover its secrets. The thrill of unlocking every mystery this universe had to offer entranced Logan like a siren song.

Yet, something tugged at him. It felt to him like there was a voice telling him to follow in his father's footsteps, to succeed the company, and ensure its future. This voice was loud and stubborn, while the voice that whispered for him to chase the sun was small and alluring.

Logan let out a sigh as he leaned against his balcony railing. Being the son of a wealthy business man did, in fact, have its perks when it came to lifestyle. His room was quite massive and had its own master bathroom, walk-in closet, and balcony, which is where he was now. He looked up at the sky as the sun sunk lower into the horizon, painting the sky beautiful hues of purple, pink, and orange. There was cool breeze blowing that felt heavenly on his skin as he sighed again.

He'd come out here to clear his head, but wasn't succeeding to at the moment. He felt like he needed a sign to tell him what to do. Logan had been lost in thought when he heard the crying. His brown eyes fluttered open as he looked around for the source. Not seeing anyone, he frowned, still hearing the soft sobs. Furrowing his eyebrows together, he looked up. Logan let out a soft gasp as he noticed someone sitting on his roof above him. "Hello?"

The crying abruptly stopped and the person seemed to panic. "Oh m-my gosh, I-I'm so s-sorry! I-I d-don't know w-why I'm up here! I-I'll just leave-"

"Wait!" Logan said, confused as to where they were planning to go, and how they'd gotten on to his roof in the first place. "Please, don't leave, it's alright. Come down here, onto the balcony. I just want to talk."

The person hesitated before cautiously jumping down to the balcony. They appeared to be a young male about his age, but the strange thing about him was his extra appendages. By extra appendages, Logan meant the boy had wings. They were absolutely gorgeous feathered wings that shimmered silver in the dying light of the sun.

"Whoa..." he breathed, taking in his appearance.

The boy looked him up and down as well, eyes wide and his cheeks pink. He approached Logan suddenly, walking around him in a circle and earning confused stammers from him. "How are you so beautiful when you're not a Tenshi?" he asked, poking at his back curiously. "You're merely a man, but I've never seen someone so attractive!"

Logan was blushing like mad as the winged boy reached up to gently brush his cheeks and hair. "A-Apologies, but what are you doing?" he asked as he gently took the boys wrists and pulled his hands away from his face.

"Oh! Right! Sorry! I get overexcited and forget my manners," he said, pulling his hands out of Logan's so that he could wipe his tear stained cheeks. "I'm Pattryonfimous-056."

He said it so casually that Logan thought he was joking. "Pattryon- what?" he asked, frowning.

"Sorry, where I'm from, nobody really cares about our names," he said with sigh. "I'm typically just called 056, because that's all people remember."

This made Logan frown even more. "Well, why do I call you... 'Pattryon'... how about I call you Patton?" he asked him. "It suits you."

"Patton? Patton... Patton! I love it!" the boy, Patton, exclaimed with a wide smile and a flutter of his wings. He jumped into the air, doing a loop before landing back on the balcony. "I love it! I love it! I love it! What's your name?"