Dad Powers (Platonic Moxiety)

Virgil laid in his bed, breathing quickly as he tried to shake away the paranoid thoughts. He'd made the mistake of watching a horror movie with Logan the other night, and he was paying the price for doing so now. Everything in his peripheral vision his brain tricked into thinking was a monster or a person. He was freaking himself out over nothing, he knew this, but Virgil couldn't relax.

He was shaking and tired, but every sound made him flinch. Tears sprung to his eyes as he desperately tries to calm down.

The anxious Side looked at his phone, considering texting Roman to ask him for comfort. He shook his head. It was almost midnight and the prince liked to get a good night's sleep to create things the next day. Though he'd insisted in the past it wasn't an issue, Virgil couldn't bring himself to do that to him.

Instead he just suffered, quietly crying and sniffling as he held his composure the best he could. He flinched and jumped at a soft knock at the door. "Virgil?"

He recognized Patton and his voice as he opened the door. When the Dad-like character saw his condition, he rushed forward. "Virgil, kiddo, what's wrong?" he asked, concern lacing his voice as he sat on his bed.

"I-I watched a-a h-horror m-movie with L-Logan the o-other day..." he stammered out, shrinking in his bedsheets.

Patton looked at his pitiful condition as he understood what was going on. "Aw, kiddo..." he murmured sadly. "Would it help if I stayed with you?"

He began to run his fingers through his hair, whispering for him to breathe as Virgil nodded a tiny bit. Patton laid down with him, pulling the smaller Side to rest on his chest. "P-Patton? Why are y-you awake?"

"I was just having some insomnia tonight, it's alright Virgil, just relax," the father figure explained.

"But h-how did you know I was upset?"

Patton smiled a little, nuzzling his cheek. "Dad powers, alright? Now, you need to rest. Would it help if I sung you a lullaby?"

Virgil nodded a tiny bit, curling into him as much as he could. Patton happily obliged, humming and singing a lullaby softly. He felt his breathing get deeper and slower as the weight on his chest got heavier. He continued to run his fingers through his hair as he too eventually fell as sleep with his arms around his dark, strange son.

I'm totally not freaking myself out over nothing because I watched a horror movie the other night. I'm not doing that again. I don't know if I'm going to get any sleep tonight and I have school tomorrow. I'm literally shaking a little because of my overactive imagination, and I don't want to close my eyes. Why can't I have a Patton...