Chapter 38

Mina’s POV

I’m currently on bed rest after going to the hospital and learning that I have a lung infection. This sucks, because I feel horrible and it hurts to breathe. The only upside is that I don’t have to go to school, but it’s not like I’m missing anything for the next three days. It’s near the end of the year and soon I’ll be graduating and I can’t wait.

I’m lucky I have such caring friends and family and I feel happy. It’s been a long time since I’ve felt so happy and relaxed.

Someone knocked on my door and then Chaeyoung entered.

“Hey babe. How are you feeling?” she says walking over to try to give me a kiss.

I hold her back a little then reply, ”Tired. Please don’t kiss me, I really don’t want to get you sick too. But, I’ll admit it’s hard to resist your kisses.”

She laughed and sat next to me. Then she proceeded to intertwine our fingers. I loved it when she does that because I feel so safe around her and I know I can count on her and trust her with anything.

“So, did I miss anything at school?”

“…….ofcourse not. School is same old same old.” She answered.

I gave her a puzzled look.

“Is everything okay with you, or not really?” I asked.

She paused and stared at her hands a little. This got me worried and I squeezed her hand lightly to reassure her.

“I just didn’t do as well as I wanted to on a test. I put a lot of effort and I’m disappointed.” She said.

“Chaeyoung, one test won’t ruin your life okay? You will do better on the next test. Just you wait, you’ll get an A+. I know it already.” I said while hugging her.

She was pretty stiff at first, but hugged me back tightly.

“I love you Mina.”

“I love you too.”

Chaeyoung’s POV

I felt horrible for not telling Mina the truth, but she looked so tired and sick. I couldn’t tell her now. Not until she feels better and is in the best mindset.

I also hated that I lied to her by making up a random story. I guess I have to practice my nothing is wrong face more.

I just can’t worry her more. We are graduating soon, in one month, and she’s probably really stressed out already.

Sana’s POV

“Momo, I have a bad feeling about not telling Mina the truth.”

“Weren’t you the one who first told us to keep it a secret?” said momo.

“Yeah, but now I don’t know. I just feel like it might be the wrong move?”

“We have to be careful in this. We can’t let Mina get hurt badly again. We need to protect her.” Answered momo.

“You’re right. Protecting her comes first. I guess let’s just not bring it up again until we know for sure that Mina will take it fine.”

“Okay. I just hope we get the timing right. I can’t see Mina in pain again. She deserves so much better.” Said momo.

“Yeah, I know. But I can’t help but feel bad about it. It’s hard keeping this from our best friend.”

“Yeah. It really is. But it’s for the best.” Said momo.