The nigthmare

//Hey guys I wanted to let you know that here both of you are 20... I really hope you like it!//

YOUR POV

I was completely lost... in a forest. How did I get there? No one knew, but it was probably bad, really bad. I could hear people yelling my name but I couldn't move... my breathing was slow and I could feel that my face was bleding, like someone had beaten the fuck out of me.

"Y/N... honey I was looking for you," an old man with white hair and dark green eyes said as he picked me up "you'll be back with your friends any time soon." I looked around and saw every single one of my friends hanging by their necks. They were covered with blood and huge cuts. I continued looking at them, with cold tears streaming down my face. The man made me look down and just under my feet I saw him... the only person in the world I knew I really loved... my best friend, roomate and crush, Wyatt Oleff. His curls were soaked in blood, his face was covered with bruises and scars. But he was not dead... yet. "see? he's breathing. It's your job to make him stop doing it... that will keep you alive. You'll do it in real life...You'll stop having nightmares. Trust me... princess. " The last word made my heart sink; that tiny word meant everything to me, it was the nickname Wy had given me about 6 years ago. "Do it." The man said as he dropped me next to Wyatt...

I woke up on the floor of my dorm, next to my bed, with tears running down my cheeks. I immediately pulled my legs to my chest and hugged them as I sobbed. I'd been having nightmares for a month straight and I was really afraid to fall asleep, everything semed so real and... dangerous. All my nightmares were connected by something; that man... whenever his green eyes popped in my mind I'd feel the chills down my spine, it acually felt like he was burning my back. The pain would get even worse at night, making me cry myself to sleep.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Wyatt asked as he stood up from his bed "why are you crying?" he wrapped a blanket around me and cuddled me. "N-nightmare..." I stuttered. "shhhhh" he said and kissed my head "you need to rest, princess." "I... I can't... anotrher nigthmare will appear." "Not if I'm with you. Nothing or no one can hurt you if I'm here with you. Y/n you're my best friend and I'd die if sometthing happened to you; but that's why I'm here... because my job is to protect you and make you happy. Come here." He picked me up bridal style and sat me on his bed. "what time is it?" I asked as I laid down and rolled to the other side of the bed, making space for Wyatt to lay next to me. "Eh... It's 2:23. You have to sleep." Wyatt said and yawned. He laid down as he wrapped his hands around me. "Sorry for waking you up." I said as I hid my face in hs chest. "It's okay. You needed me Y/n... remember I'm always here for you. That's what friends are for." I nodded and closed my eyes as I heard the calming rythm of Wyatt's heart. "Yeah... friends."  I heard Wyatt's breathing change slightly, and I finally knew he was asleep when a little snore came out of his mouth.

I never fell asleep, but I got the chance to see Wyatt... and that was the only thing I needed to be happy the next day.

// Sorry guys. I know this is waaaay too short. But I just wanted to have a propper intro for the story... just for you to have clear what you and Wyatt have; the thing is that you're both friends but you'd do anything for him and he'd do anything for you too... he has always been with you and you're slowly falling for him.

~Ana 🖤//