Not just human

YOUR POV

The time had come, I had to show up at the woods if I wanted to stay alive... and I did.

I took a knife from Jaeden's kitchen and saved it in my jacket's pocket, with the blade facing down so I could take it easily from the handle if I had to stab someone or something. I tied my hair in a bun while I made sure to remember the weakness of every single creature in that forest.

Wyatt held my hand in his as we walked outside, leaving everything behind... just both of us against the world. I told him to stay at home but he refused to let me go. He wanted to protect me but he didn't know that I had to protect him at all costs, even if I lost my life doing it.

I drove in silence as the weirdest thoughts invaded my head; my hands were colder than ever and I wasn't breathing well.

I parked some miles away from the woods and stepped outside as snow fell on my hair.
I could swear that I hadn't been that scared in my life, but I knew I had to stay strong for Wyatt, I had to be ready for everything, the slightest thing could harm him and I couldn't let that happen.

We made our way into the woods with our fingers intertwined as we got closer to the lake. We could feel people staring at us, not people but those weird ass things that lived in the forest, they wouldn't move a bit, or try to attack us, they just stared with blank expressions as we got deeper into the trees.

After some minutes, we got to the lake. It was surrounded by those super tall monsters that had tried to kill me in some of my nightmares, and I was pretty sure that they were there to make sure that we wouldn't try to escape or run away.

In a second, a dark fog covered the lake and a large boat appeared right after it. It was built with something that looked like bones, human bones, and maybe skin... I couldn't see it properly but it gave me skin vibes. I felt Wyatt's grip tighten as the boat got closer and closer. As soon as it got to the edge, someone with a black robe and an animal skull (maybe a cow... I've never been good at biology) covering his or her face, walked up to us and pulled me away from Wyatt. I wasn't even sure if that thing was human or not but I wanted to believe it was one. Beacuse I was about to rip it's head off... spoiler: I didn't.

//Heyyyy! I know this is kinda short but I really liked it and I couldn't risk ruining it with some other stuff so here it is!!! Oh and btw sorry for the pictures... I didn't realize that some people just don't like creepy stuff as much as I do. So sorry once more annnnnd yeah... byeeee! Love yah! ~Ana//