IT WAS YOU ALL ALONG

Today is Saturday, my dad is returning back from his trip on Monday. My sister has decided to talk to our father and tell him everything. Nathan and Jessica want  to get married tell the whole thing to our father on Monday itself. I am kind of nervous, my father is kind of a cool person, he is not strict. But, when he does not likes something then he becomes stubborn and  that's the end of it. So, if he doesn't likes Nathan then only God can help them.

I got this pamphlet of some writing competition going to be held in our school. I really wanted to participate, so I just gave my name without thinking anything. We have to write about topics in just a span of 15-20 minutes. Tomorrow in the English class Mrs.bramble will call out the names of the people who are participating, the venue and the  time. If I win I'll get a chance to publishing my own book. I have always been fond of writing things so this is a great chance of showing my talent. Suddenly  in the middle of my thoughts my phone started ringing. Mike was calling me.

Mike: Hey tiny cake, coming tomorrow? 

Me: Ya.

Mike: Okay, drop by my house first and then we will go to his house together and also get the maths notes, I need it.

Me: okay sure.

Mike: So what ya doing?

We started talking about our career's and things like that. I wanted to be a writer whereas he wanted to produce songs. He seems to be a very focused guy he had his aims on point. After talking to him for almost like an hour we hung up and I started doing some homework. I hate homework.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEXT DAY

"Clara,where are you? I am waiting for you from last 15 minutes!" I shouted on the phone. This girl is totally crazy she told me she will be on time and now I am waiting for her in my car outside her  house from last 15 minutes.

"Veronica, I am really sorry I won't be able to make it. My parents are taking me to some relatives house." she said and I was like what? She said yesterday night that she would go to Mike"s house with me and now she is freaking ditching me at the last moment. 

"Okay, whatever bye." I said and hung up the phone. She always does this when we make a plan. I know her parents are strict and they don't really allow her to go outside to parties that much but at least she can be honest. Anyways now this awkward meeting with this so called my 'new gang' is going to be more awkward because of her absence. Jesus be with me.

I reached to Mike's house and rang the bell. His mother came to the door and looked at me and smiled widely.

"Veronica right?" she said still smiling. I nodded and she gave me the way to go upstairs. I went upstairs and knocked at his door. "Coming" he shouted. He opened the door and his eyes met mine.

"Welcome, tiny cake." he said pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you." I said and entered his room.

"Where is Clara?" he asked.

"Well, she had to go to some relatives house so she ditched me at last moment." I said rolling my eyes. He chuckled and starting to text someone. I gave him the maths notes and sat down on his couch besides the bed.

"May I ask you something?" he asked.

"Ya go ahead." I said

"Do you really think we used to  bully you because of your height?" he said and I was taken aback with this question. 

"Ya I guess." I said.

"Umm...that's not the truth though, You are one of the most beautiful girl in our school and maybe the only one who didn't gave a single look to our gang. We were kind of seekers of attention and probably still are. We bullied you to get your attention not because of your height. It really doesn't matter." He said and I was stunned. Back in the times when Me, Clara, Jennifer and Sia were the coolest girl gang. Jennifer used to like Mike and probably the whole school knew about this. Sia and Jacob had a thing but that really didn't work out. Nick and I knew each other since we were in middle school, the only people not connected to our gang was Kevin and Mike. They were the only guys who have bullied me the rest of the gang were not really a part of this. Now that I think about it this can be true. 

"But now that we have you as a friend and you are a member of our group, you are family and we do regret what we did to with you. I know this is not a right way how things work. But, we are sorry and maybe that's why when I told this to our group they didn't really mind." He said and I smiled.

"Do you guys bully other students too?" I said and he looked up at me.

"Nope. It was you all along. Plus I dont think Nick and Jacob really thought of it as 'bullying' because honestly they would have really given us a Ted talk about how we should be nice human being if they knew.  I mean kevin and I were the only one troubling you all along."

"I dont understand, somedays ago only you guys were bullying me and now it's like that never happened."

"I know...We kind of realized that what we are doing is wrong. We have been doing this for 2 years and now it was more like a habit. But we realised our mistake and we are sorry."

I was going to say something but I stopped.

"Okay let's leave for Zack's house now?" he said and I got up from my couch and started following him.

I am such a weirdo